What's the worst car ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worst car ever?

I think it would be funny to know what's the worst car ever in your opionion

I think I'm not gonna answer: I'm not qualified (depending if you count moving a car a little on the parking or not, I have experience with 3 or 2 types of cars)

Why I ask that?
    I've found opinion of Jeremy Clarkson that it's FSO Polonez: " Easy. The FSO Polonez. It was Polish and made from veal."
    Which is a little...controversial. Well...yeah, it's shit on wheels, but objectively, Russian Lada 110 (currently produced) is worse - it isn't capable of driving 100km without repair after leaving the factory. Furthermore, Polonez isn't called tank for no reason (which means not only uncomfortable but also durable and quite powerfull (for the times; and besides not long ago new ones could reach well over 200kph, which introduced the need of limiters)...but no gain, because it's heavy (but OTOH no match for the "warszawa" or Russian "zaporozec" (GoogleImage: "zaz" - it's the bigger) - the amount of litres of fuel burnt equals to number of km driven - also called "T-34 Sport" or "Revenge of the Stalin"). Polonez: tragic finishing of details, ringing engine.
    But...Clarkson tested the wrong version. He should either take version 2.0 with engine from Fiat (theorethically Polonez was suppose to be like that from the beginning) or later version with Rover (that was not bad)...and besides it should be compared with such powers as passat I or peugot 404.
    Although really it's the only car known to me that's "oversteery-understeering"

EU sold cars aside, the worst cars I've dealt with in the US are the Renault R5/LeCar, Renault Alliance/Encore, Chevy Vega
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Worst car ever you ask? Easy!

94 Saturn SL2
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Naw.....the Chevy Vega, easily.

How many engines do you know where the cylinder liner was silicon impregnated aluminum and not an iron sleve?

Let the engine overheat one little bit (it had a lousy cooling system to start with) and the silicon wore right off, resulting in the iron piston rings running on bare aluminum.

Poof....instant blown engine.

When the first prototype Vega arrived at Chevrolet then GM president John DeLorean had division engineers test it at the Milford proving grounds (west of Detroit). After just 8 miles on the track the front end separated from the rest of the vehicle

Other problems included the carbs catching on fire and the fenders rusting through in a year because it didn't have any wheel well liners. Then there were the chronic engine vibrations, undersized brakes, tendency to roll like a log and the engine mounts suddenly failing, dropping the engine on the road with no warning.

Other than these little issues it was OK, I guess.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 May 2005, 18:45.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

mitsubishi challenger (early 80s) 2.6L 4 cylinder had 2 counterbalance shafts to simulate a smooth engine, problem was as the self destructing bearings for these shafts let go slowly, it deprived the top end of oil, plus the valve cover gasket never sealed well leaking oil into the bell housing effecting the clutch....they had so many issues that they came out with a kit to eliminate the shafts to improve the oil pressure to the top end....for 300$ a lot of work to install as well

a fun car to own
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I know of a couple...

The Buick Grand National
            The W8 Vectra

Both blew engines after a few hundred Kms due to poor design.

And then there's all the Chryslers like the K car, the Dodge 400, the New York, The early Caravan, lol show me one that doesn't blow white smoke as it accellerates

Even the new M300, according to many reviews like Top gear, I loved the comment... "it belong in the ocean" Other than a powerful engine, it's got nothing to offer.

The ugliest car has got to be the Toyota Echo!!!

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

mine.

'nuff said.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

And what's yours?

Comment

the worst car ever!
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

oh come on guys. its the Yugo!
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

The DeLorean ... it sniffs up the white lines in the road.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The Hillman Imp must be high on the list. The Fiat bumpy thing that came out a coupla years ago must be one of the ugliest. The small Alfa Romeo of c. 1970 was the fastest-rusting car. The DB7 must be the car with the highest 'in the garage':'on the road' ratio, typically 50:1 in days!
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

A romanian car from 1988 called Delta. We had so many jokes about how horrendous this car was.
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Ford
                            Flangor Strongaxe

Get Firefox

Comment

Surely the worlds worst car has to be one with zero redeeming features.
                              Take my Citroen BX, please... :
                              It's a regular appearer in the Worlds Ugliest Car galleries and its finnicky hydropneumatic suspension system is a nightmare to maintain once it gets old. It's appearance on garage forecourts has mechanics everywhere hiding in the inspection pit and when the BX 16v owners club last had a meeting, the AA, RAC and Green Flag breakdown services cancelled all leave for patrols nationwide.

However, on the occassions when it's not leaking hydraulic fluid from somewhere inaccessable, it's roomy, comfortable, ergonomic, relatively economical and goes like the proverbial off a teflon coated shovel.
                              It's also cheap to buy, if not to maintain.

So FSOs, Lada's and Yugo's might be garbage, but they're cheap garbage.

My vote goes for the DeLorean. Not only badly designed and badly built, but massively overpriced and didn't live up to it's design breif.
                              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                              X