Idiocy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiocy...

I'd be very surprised if any of you could beat that.

Wow. Here I thought our construction/road crews were comprised of lazy morons. Then again, pushing around dirt for a few months is more their style.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

What's best is that this is caused by idiocy on higher (highest applicable to roads/poles perhaps) levels of the food chain...
      Last edited by Nowhere; 11 May 2005, 15:13.

Comment

Yeah, exemplary example of poor planning.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Better (worse?). Road building firm has a schedule, if it won't meet it pay goes down...so guess what they do? (and meanwhile commune and energy firm argue about price of permission to move the pole)...

Comment

You know, I think I've heard of even greater idiocy right now. Probably some of you heard about "first communion". Here it's practically impossible to not observe it/beeing once subject to it. Of course what kids really care about are presents (I don't know what parents care about, most of them definetely not base it on faith...well, fear of condemn at most). Presents changed during years/decades. It started perhaps with pendants or the like, then fountain pens, watches dominated the area for the long time, few years ago bikes and recently computers were introduced. But you won't believe what's a hit this May (I don't think you should understand this in absolute numbers - only (?) minimum 800 kids will get it, probably some more - but in how it's desired).

Plastic chirurgy correction of bat ears.
            Last edited by Nowhere; 11 May 2005, 16:05.

Comment

what's a lop ear?
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Apparently most "trusted" online dictionary gave me false first result. I'll try second (and last) then...

"bat ear" means something to you?

Comment

I wonder if their solution to that would be to post a sign warning of telephone poles ahead.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

@Nowhere: I guess "sodding big sticky-out ears a bit like Prince Charles' ones" might be what you're looking for?
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Bat ears might actually be a positive evolutionary step in a country that puts telephone poles in the middle of the street.. sonar, you know.. keeps the bat-eared from hitting poles..

Wait.. don't hit me..

This has got to be the ultimate POLE-ish joke..

Comment

I got 100DEM for communion back then and it was pretty much the norm. Scooters/mopeds are common (I didn't get that, the main argument by parents is the ability to latter be able to marry in Church (potential future partner might want it).

Comment

we call them - or used to - wing nut ears in Oz
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I think I've heard the procedure called "having ones ear pinned."

I had a girlfriend who had it done when she was a kid. I'm sure it was unnecessary. Anyway, she was always self conscious about it and wouldn't let me touch her ears. I thought it was silly.
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

My daughter, Tina, has slightly protuberant lugs but neither my wife nor I considered it anything to write home about, but she felt conscious about them from an early age (not nearly as bad as Charlie-boy). She has alway worn her hair long to hide them. Our granddaughter inherited them, even less protuberant, but Tina had her operated on, against our advice. Frankly, I think they are now uglier, as they are almost flat against the skull.

I believe the problem is one of perception. OK, if the ears are really bad, go ahead, but moderate cases are better left untouched.
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X