Bright-dark flickering TV screen when I play a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright-dark flickering TV screen when I play a DVD

I downloaded the Microvision hack. When it couldn't find the RRAPI.dll or the VCAP16.dll files, I figured I needed the "Matrox Video Tools". So I downloaded that.
    But now, when I try to install VT 1.54, it can't find any "Matrox Video Editing Hardware"... I know I don't have video editing hardware...
    All I want to do is fix the bright-dark problem I have when I view a DVD on my TV!!!
    I am asking for HELP!
    I am reading that the Macrovision problem CAN be overcome... HOW?
    Do I need more hardware???

Thanks for your input.
    Sylvie

THE WHOLE STORY...
    I spent my whole morning with a Matrox technician on the phone to fix the bright/dark problem I am experiencing when I play DVDs on my TV out. I took out ALL the hardware 3 or 4 times and when we finally got the Matrox Millenium G450 on interrup 9 like he said it needed to be, nothing else was working, including my DVD player...
    So I spent the rest of the day fixing everything... I finally got my modem up and, here I am! I'm not calling him back! I don't think the IRQ is the problem...
    Everything works. The G450 is on interrupt 3. I go through my VCR because I only have coax in on my TV.

The problem is that you are feeding it via your VCR, the macrovision protection is placed in the field period of the video waveform and the clamp in the VCR is acting on the varying macrovision signal causing the change in black level.

The TV does not clamp the video signal the same way so macrovision does not cause this effect when sent straight to the TV

The simple solution as you only have coax input is a seperate video to rf modulator which can be bought quite cheaply.

Dave

Comment

Dave's solution seems to be the simplest one. However as far as I know the Macrovision patch works well with 1.52 VT and only for English version. If you have a different language version there is a workaround that you can find here: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004961.html
      in my system it works pretty fine.
      Bye
      Raido
      Bye
      Raido

Comment

The Macrovision hack is for capturing video using either a Rainbow Runner or a Marvel.

You seem to have a G450 Millennium and are having problems playing DVD's OUT. Sorry, the Macrovision hack isn't going to help you with that. This also explains why you are getting the "no hardware" error when trying to install the VTs.

Comment

You can easily bypass Macrovision in G400 cards by installing certain PowerDesk drivers. I'm not sure if its looked down upon to mention what driver set it is, so if you'd like to know, email me.

lament@home.com

-Terry
          WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
          Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
          HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
          HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
          Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
          ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
          Hauppauge Wintv #401
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

By all means tell us !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by This_Idiot:
              By all means tell us !</font>
              By using the beta PowerDesk 6.00.010 drivers, Macrovision is off. I've been using these drivers for months, no problems whatsoever.
              WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
              ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
              Hauppauge Wintv #401
              Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

What else are you using besides PD6 ? Are you still using VT's for capture, and if so, which ones ?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by This_Idiot:
                  What else are you using besides PD6 ? Are you still using VT's for capture, and if so, which ones ?</font>
                  I was using the beta PowerDesk drivers for awhile (with only my G400MAX), but then I recently purchased a RR-G. Wanting to use Video Tools 1.52, I had to find another Macrovision-free solution (you can only use PowerDesk 5.41 with VT 1.52)

Now, using PD 5.41 + VT 1.52 (with the G400MAX + RR-G), I get successful, Macro-free output through a VCR by doing the following:
                  1. Start playing the DVD through the Matrox DVD player. (At this point, the TV should be garbled due to Macrovision)
                  2. While the movie is playing, open up Matrox QuickDesk (in the taskbar).
                  3. Go to settings>advanced>Monitor Settings>Adjust the current display mode.
                  4. Cancel out of all QuickDesk windows.
                  At this point, the TV output should be just fine.

-Terry
                  aol: deadhoarse
                  WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
                  ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
                  Hauppauge Wintv #401
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Working...