Finally the upgrade has been done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the upgrade has been done

After a few false starts like the incorrect power supply I've finally upgraded to an AMD 64 4000 with a ATI 850 XT PE.

Sadly Winblows XP finally said enougth is enougth and it can't do any more upgrades unless you want to run in safe mode forever more. Well guess it was time to clean the crap out.

Used a spare drive ghosted the orginal across and did a clean install of Winblows. Only thing that screwed up was the ATI driver install which slow machine down. Re-installing solved this bar the fatc that the wdm couldn't be located. I nicked these from the old XP install on the other drive.

Machine happy decided to ghost back to the WD Raptor. For some reason ghost screwed up although the ghost worked the other way without a problem.

Old ghost floppies. First was buggered but the 2nd was okay and another 40 mins spent Ghosting 40 gig of data.

Rebooted fine re-installed all games bar Return to castle wolf where I've lost the code. Only problem I've come across is Netobjects 8 that publishes my web site two years out of date. Bizzare can't see a reason why.

Ran a few benchmarks and I can still kill the machine with 3dfart05 at 1600 x 1200 at full settings in the control panel.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page
Working...
X