Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google

I wonder about something after release of Google Web Accelerator...
    Now, if I install it (propably no use, since it's optimised for DSL; and while my connection is technically DSL, it's only 128kbit downstream), Google will know exactly what pages I visit, and how I move between them (I guees it will vastly improve search results), they already know my mail, what I post on mailing lists, what is on my computer, what news do I like, what I search for, and soon probably also what I want to buy/where I live (maps aren't available...yet). They know...everything

Hmm...could it be that "g" stands for god?

Oh but we can trust them, they're Google
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I forgot two things: they'll know who my friends are (once someone give me invitation to Orkut), and they know already what photos I have.

scary...

Comment

Technically an app that collects personal data about user and phones home is called spyware.

From Dictionary.com:
        Definition: any software that covertly gathers information about a user while he/she navigates the Internet and transmits the information to an individual or company that uses it for marketing or other purposes

Comment

Except that Google has been relatively upfront about any data collected and how it is used.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I really don't see the problem, unless you're a terrorist e-mailing others about a new bomb plan e-mail or surfing monitoring really does not affect you. I hate desktop spyware because of resource usage and annoying ads and icons that come with it, but the concept itself is unobtrusive enough..."You've got no privacy on the Internet, get used to it"
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

hmm...this puts things in new perspective...

edit:
              quite funny but at the same time...can you prove it's wrong?
              Intentionally ambiguous?? C'mon, everyone should have realized by now that Google is an arm of the US National Security Agency.

They continually index the Web, and monitor our searches for intelligence purposes. Google mail and Google groups expand this capability substantially. And of course Google Earth allows them to monitor what IP addresses are imaging what portions of the globe.

They are fighting communism/fascism/terrorism/narcotics trafficking/internal dissent/etc. by advanced search tecnology and traffic analysis. The fact that their stock is overvalued should be looked at as a boon to the American taxpayer.
              Last edited by Nowhere; 15 July 2005, 08:42.

Comment

OK, the dust settled after release of Google Talk ...but here's another thing. Check out this adress . Hmm..and you know, worth mentioning is that half a year ago I mailed them with the proposition that they should implement Hula-like funcionality

http://www.jwz.org/doc/groupware.html (worth reading IMHO...)

http://nat.org/2005/august/hula.html - how it looks now

Think about it...easy webcalendar, with parts made "public" so other people can see what you're planning partly, and integration with email to announce something automatically to others.
                Another feature that isn't mentioned anywhere and would be great IMHO - some kind of collage of few webcalendars (of others) on one, yours, so you can adjust...

Comment

AAARGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Google Ant!

Comment

Singing La la day

Hope that helps
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What exactly are you singing?

Comment

MORE AAARGHHHHH

Google hosting:

Comment

dang, I went to create a page but
                          "Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity."
                          looks like im on the waiting list
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm worried about Google, to a large extent because people trust them so much.
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's amazing how much personal information people are willing to give out when they register for something online, specially if it's a free service
                              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X