Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Precious Doe" identified 4 years after death

Monica Davey, The New York Times - Full Article

Four years after the decapitated body of a young girl was found in Kansas City, Mo., the police there said today that they had identified her and arrested her mother on murder charges.

The girl - known to Kansas City until now as simply "Precious Doe" - was Erica Michelle Maria Green, and the authorities said at a news conference that she was 3 when she died.

"We hope that by having her name that this can finally begin to bring some closure and some healing to the community," the county prosecutor, Michael Sanders, said. "The death of this little girl has touched our community in a way that I think is absolutely unprecedented."

Officials said a recent tip had led them to Erica's mother, Michelle Johnson, 30, of Muskogee, Okla., who was charged with felony murder and endangering a child and is being held in Oklahoma pending extradition. Erica's stepfather, whose name was not immediately disclosed, is also in custody in Oklahoma, and the police said more charges in the case could be expected.

The authorities said today that Erica and her family were apparently visiting Kansas City, staying at a home in town, when the death occurred. The police said that Erica's stepfather had kicked her in the head, but that he and her mother did not seek medical help because they both had outstanding arrest warrants.
    I'm firmly to the point where people like this should be either be put to death or be placed on some island full of large carnivorous beasts. More than that; however, is how saddening this is. I believe this quote says it all:

"Children should not be thrown away as trash," Mr. Washington said. "That was something we thought all along - that this city should never forget about this. What sort of community can we have if people could let this happen and then just forget?"
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

I read this article this morning and literally got sick to my stomach.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The authorities said today that Erica and her family were apparently visiting Kansas City, staying at a home in town, when the death occurred. The police said that Erica's stepfather had kicked her in the head, but that he and her mother did not seek medical help because they both had outstanding arrest warrants.
      Sounds like a bunch of winners to me!
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

There is a special place in [insert your choice of Hell-like locations] for people like this.

Comment

I really think there should be an exemption from the ban on "cruel and unusual punishment" for the type of scum who murder children. This guy in particular could not be slow-tortured enough to pay for his crime if he lived to be 100 and suffered the agonies of hell 24/7.

Comment

Sick. Disturbing that one case's focknuts are from here in Oklahoma and the that guy is from Florida and not far from where I grew up.

Comment

Working...
            X