Kansas religious nuts, besides me, at it again :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas religious nuts, besides me, at it again :(

Looks like people are trying to get religious based "theories" back in schools. I wish both sides of this debate would just stop it. Teach evolution in schools, creationism/design in church and let the people's decide what to follow. Pisses me off that public funds are wasted on this every @*!#$ year...

Kansas has been grappling with the issue for years, garnering worldwide attention in 1999 when the state school board voted to downplay evolution in science classes.
    For the record, the man that swayed the vote "against" evolution in 1999 was interviewed and asked why he voted "against" evolution (he is NOT a conservative Christian, which is why people were so baffled). He basically said he voted not to make evolution a part of the required STATE ciriculum because no federal or state standardized test had any questions regarding evolution on it. So he voted against it being part of the standard cirriculum to free up class room time for teachers so they could teach things deemed more important to know for standardized testing.

Thank you,

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Quoting the Fark headline: "They may not believe in evolution, but Kansas is ending Sunday liquor sale ban."

Wait a moment... are you implying you're not a strong believer of creationism?!? INFIDEL!

Comment

"We're not against evolution," said Calvert. "But there is a lot of evidence that suggests that life is the product of intelligence. I think it is inappropriate for the state to prejudge the question whether we are the product of design or just an occurrence."
      And here I thought it was a sin to lie.

My proposed version:
      "We're not against arithmatic," said Calvin. "But there is a lot of evidence that suggests that 1 plus 1 does not equal 2 in many numbering systems. I think it is inappropriate for the state to prejudge the question whether 1 plus 1 equals 2."
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yes, cjolley, but 2+2 does = 5 for very large values of 2
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X