Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording screen actions

Hello,

Is there (free?) software that allows me to make a movie from what is happening onscreen? I know fraps can do this for games, but I'd like it to be done on my desktop... Or can fraps also do it for the desktop?
    (I need to make a demonstration movie of the use of a program)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

You could try Wink, it's freeware:

Wink is a Tutorial and Presentation creation software, primarily aimed at creating tutorials on how to use software (like a tutor for MS-Word/Excel etc). Using Wink you can capture screenshots of your software, use images that you already have, type-in explanations for each step, create a navigation sequence complete with buttons, delays, titles etc and create a highly effective tutorial for your users.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...ash/Wink.shtml

Otherwise give Camtasia a try (not freeware)

Camtasia Studio is a complete solution for quickly creating professional-looking videos of your PC desktop activity. Anyone can Record and create a full-motion video tutorial or presentation, in real-time, and publish it in the format of their choice. No multimedia or programming experience necessary!
    http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Never mind, I found that Windows Media Encoder can do it...

edit:
      Hey, wink looks useful too! (not what I meant, but useful nonetheless)
      Thanks!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

The program that I found did this with the least slowdown and dropped frames etc. was HyperCam DX. I think there is a free version that inserts a watermark in one of the corners. I tried various other free programs and programs with demoes, they were all MUCH worse than this (well, it's only a druon 1300, so what did I expect?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I use Robodemo 5, which creates .swf files. It is a little clunky, but quite powerful. This has now been superceeded by Macromedia Captivate, but I'm still waiting for my purchasing gimp to order it.
          FT.

Comment

Apparently, CamStudio can do it do (as I have been told).

(it should be freeware)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Lotus screencam used to be alright, bound to be a version online somwhere.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                Hello,

Is there (free?) software that allows me to make a movie from what is happening onscreen? I know fraps can do this for games, but I'd like it to be done on my desktop... Or can fraps also do it for the desktop?
                (I need to make a demonstration movie of the use of a program)

Jörg

For such purpose try Screen VidShot
                I always use it and i like it...

Comment

Camtasia

A guy at work sweas by it.

Comment

Working...
                  X