Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD slideshow that does sub-seconds duration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD slideshow that does sub-seconds duration?

Any DVD software out there that I can change the duartion between slides to sub-second. I want to be able to show a bunch of pictures within a short amount of time. Something like 20-50 pictures within 10 seconds.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Why not just do that in your editor? Prob. get better results, unless you want to be able to target shoot 'em during playback

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Why not just do that in your editor?
      What do you mean?

Prob. get better results, unless you want to be able to target shoot 'em during playback

Dr. Mordrid
      LMAO! That would be some serious target shooting.

I want to be able to show pictures while s song is playing and have the ability to change the effects, transitions, and duration for each individual picture but I also want the ability to show several pictures within a very short period of time. Basically I am going for a chaotic effect during a certain part of the song.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Ahhh...now THAT makes sense.

If it were just a matter of playing them quickly I'd just make each image a .5 second clip in MSPro etc. and use fixed transitions, if any, then export the MPEG and include it in the DVD compilation.

As far as <1 second DVD slideshow transitions: I haven't seen this in Ulead DVD Workshop2, DVD MF or other companies products. Those I've seen that have the ability to set short image durations don't support image transitons, just ones between DVD menu's (DVDLab).

However; some may have been updated since I last used them.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Why not use a proggie like Premiere then burn everything onto DVD???

Maybe you should check the video forum?

Comment

Ahhh...now THAT makes sense.

If it were just a matter of playing them quickly I'd just make each image a .5 second clip in MSPro etc. and use fixed transitions, if any, then export the MPEG and include it in the DVD compilation.
            Actually, this is what I really want to do. I don't need transitions the more I thought about it. I mean, I do need transitions for other parts of the slideshow/movie but not for the sub-second picture part. I'm thinking 5-10 pics/second. Is that even possible? How the hell do they do it on TV?

BTW, what is MSPro? And thanks for the help.

Comment

Uleads MediaStudio Pro;

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

While I have to use Premiere Pro for my RT.X100's special effects I choose to use MSPro 7 for my non-RT.X100 editing, which is the majority of my work.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Uleads MediaStudio Pro;

http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm

While I have to use Premiere Pro for my RT.X100's special effects I choose to use MSPro 7 for my non-RT.X100 editing, which is the majority of my work.

Dr. Mordrid
                I downloaded the trial version of MS Pro last night. What a wonderful program. It does sub-second transitions. It does even better than that, it does frame by frame transitions! I like how you can drag the picture/video/transition/effect to shorten or lengthen the amount of time it is shown. I've barely touched the surface on this program but it is really fun.

Dave

Comment

You should see what can be done in the full version that includes Video Paint etc.

MSPro's also tightly integrated with Uleads PhotoImpact 10, Cool3D Production Studio and DVD Workshop.

Cool3D PS can produce very nice animations and titles as straight video, 32 bit (alpha channel) *.avi's, 32 bit (alpha channel) *.tga image sequences or stills that MSPro will treat as a regular video file. It can also import DirectX *.x or 3D Studo 3D *.3ds object meshes, which you can get for free all over the internet. As for corrdinating things; it has a timeline/keyframer with frame accurate control over each objects parameters.

PI-10 can produce all kinds of cool graphics effects AND create custom menu templates for DVD Workshop using a freebie plugin ULead has on their site.

Nice group of toys.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

It's expensive. $300 for the suite. I checked out VideoStudio but it doesn't have the granularity I want in timing. I wish you could just get the video editor portion of MS PRO. I noticed there is an academic price for $200. My son is in 9th grade, so do I qualify?

According to this page my son does qualify. Anybody have any experience with this? Also, are there cheaper methods? (besides downloading off of bit torrent).

Thanks,
                    Dave

Comment

btw, this should probably be moved to the video forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X