Runaway Bride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway Bride

Wow shes a little psycho for my taste... can we say ISSUES!
    I'd be surprised if the guy still wants to marry her.

1) I don't understand why her disappearance was cause for national media attention. Don't people disappear everyday? Especially right before a wedding? It's common enough that we have term for it!
    2) I've seen about a half dozen pictures of her and she's always got this weird golf balls for eyes expression. Like a deer in the headlights. What's up with that? Does she every blink?
    3) I don't understand why she'd make up a story like that. Just say you needed some time alone. It was the media that over reacted.
    4) If you've got 600 people coming in to see you get married and a 14 bridesmaids, the least you can do is leave a note if you're going to abscond.
    5) Psycho doesn't even begin to explain it. It's women like this that make me question my sexual preference.
    6) If her fiancee doesn't want to marry her anymore then I doubt she'll ever find someone who will.
    7) Her father must be raging over the wasted expense of the wedding. Think about how much money a post-it could have saved him.
    Last edited by schmosef; 30 April 2005, 11:58.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      1) I don't understand why her disappearance was cause for national media attention. Don't people disappear everyday? Especially right before a wedding? It's common enough that we have term for it!
      I'm sure the only reason we heard about it is that Media had nothing else to hipe up. If it was some poor (insert favorate enthnic group) woman we would have never heard about it
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The media hopped on it because of a serious run of kidnap-murders in the southern US in the last few weeks. Even though most of these were kids, there have also been a few involving older girls and women.

If I were her finace to be I'd be seriously reconsidering my choice, and no wedding without some serioius therapy....if ever.

That said if I were her dad I'd also be kicking her arse for what she put her mother through and the wasted expense for the non-wedding.

Can you say "kiddo; you're dead meat"?

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 April 2005, 13:38.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that 600 people for a wedding is insane?!
          I mean, does anyone actually know 600 people, let along know them well enough to be invited to a wedding?

Comment

i could invite 600 people to my wedding.
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

but they would all have to buy plane tickets to Ireland to see it.. so.. im sure whenever i do actually end up getting married.. it'll be my parents there lol
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Our wedding had 350 people and 400+ at the reception. Lucky it was held at a country club or we'd have needed 2 halls

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that 600 people for a wedding is insane?!
                  I mean, does anyone actually know 600 people, let along know them well enough to be invited to a wedding?
                  Not see a Big Fat Greek Wedding? In this country, it is quite usual to invite everyone to whom you're related to the 10th degree, on both sides, the whole village in which you live, all friends and their mother/father/spouse/brother/sister and their spouses and Old Uncle Tom Cobleigh and All. Result: weddings of 1000+ are common and 5000+ may be considered as big weddings. I get several invitations/year from people I've never heard of because I happen to live where I live. You occasionally even see ads in the national papers inviting all and sundry to a wedding! Why such big weddings? Custom is that each guest pins a £10 or £20 note on the couple. Well, if you've 3000 guests, that's a nice little way to start off married life - and pay for the reception!
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                    For a wedding, or for a reception? I could easily come up with ~500 people to have at a wedding reception, and I'd only be doing half of the inviting.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My wedding had 350 ppl, and we had 2 receptions. One the day of the wedding with ~400 ppl. And another a week later with ~600+ ppl. Both were very enjoyable to say the least. But the 400 person reception was the better of the two for all parties involved.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

My wife went to an Indian friend of hers's wedding in Bombay in 96'/'97 (not your typical Indian wedding mind you, these are extemely rich people). They had covered a hippodrome (horse racing track) in carpets to be able to receive the 6000+ guests (all expenses paid!) and rented rooms in most of the luxury hotels in town, plus they had hundreds of personal servants appointed (one for each guest room, they'd sleep on a carpet behind the door in case you needed anything anytime) and made traditional outfits for the foreign guests. The wedding lasted one week too.

Some of the gifts the couple received were *amazing*. Especially jewelry (some were sent to a museum). Then, next to diamonds and other extremely expensive things, you'd find Tupperwares. TUPPERWARES as wedding gifts!

Indians are apparently overly pleased when you offer them "Tupperware" plastic containers (not any brand mind you)! My wife has chosen a beautiful crystal vase... (had she known!)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                          ...it is quite usual to invite ... the whole village in which you live...
                          You mean I have to invite 5,000,000+ people to my wedding? Damn, that's going to be expensive.

I'm a big fan of small weddings. Immediate family and close friends only. My girlfriend and I thankfully see eye to eye on this, so we'll be spending the big money on the honeymoon.
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Latest news is she may be facing criminal charges for reporting a fake kidnapping. Apparently her story of running away last-minute isn't true either, since investigators are finding that the bus ticket was purchased a couple days before she left, and that the amount of money she said she took when she left was insufficient to purchase bus tickets.

Comment

She deserves whatever she gets.

On CNN they said the cost to the community for the manhunt was in the neighborhood of $100k after all the overtime. Plus, they could have been spending their time pursuing real cases.
                              Last edited by schmosef; 2 May 2005, 09:17.
                              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                              X