X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfing on Palm T E

I managed to connect my palm to my se k700i over IR and browse

It'sa bit slow due to IR but it works.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Mobile Internet rulz Try a Bluetooth Palm, it's really a very enjoyable experience...VeriChat is also a very nice program for the Palm, it supports MSN/Yahoo/ICQ.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Well, I am planning on getting a Bluetooth palm, but I had to test and see if how it worked on a small screen before buying something for 200+ euro
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

True...I'm very happy with my T3+T630 combo. The only thing it is missing is WiFi, but I find surfing the net on the beach more useful than paying for access in a Starbucks

A great buy for it was the PowerToGo sled, with both of them charged I can stay away from a socket for 3 days (or 10-12 hours) of moderate/heavy use.

Comment

I did the same with my Psion 5mx and Siemens S35i (and this was 4 years ago!).

Mobile internet is indeed very cool.
          I have already tried browsing with my Nokia 6260 over GPRS, and it actully goes quite well on the device itself (for the sites I need). Due to contract limitations , I can't use GPRS to browse with my computer, so that only goes at 14400: slow but workable.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            ... Mobile internet is indeed very cool. ...
            I was looking into starting a business for that in the late '80s. Good thing I didn't waste my time or money. I never would have survived long enough for the market to arrive.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
              I was looking into starting a business for that in the late '80s. Good thing I didn't waste my time or money. I never would have survived long enough for the market to arrive.

On what infrastructure?
              (I remember back in my student days in 1995, the were advertising mobile phones just outside the university building by allowing us to call home and notify our parents of our points. The only thing that existed before that were those suitcase-phones. )

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

At that time I reckon it must have been on laptops with some sort of coverage like the Ricochet system?

Comment

Working...
                X