Interesting future Star Wars info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting future Star Wars info

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

May the farce be with them

Personally I want Mel Brooks to make a sequal to Spaceballs

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
      I wonder if he'd keep his original idea for the title. "Spaceballs 2 - The Quest for more Money".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
        http://www.moviehole.net/news/5490.html

Brooks talks Spaceballs series
        Posted on Wed, 20-Apr-2005

With "Star Wars" again hotter than an iron that's been left on for a day, it's no surprise to hear that there's renewed interesrt in "Spaceballs" again.

For those that don't recall, "Spaceballs" was the brainchild of Mel Brooks, a piss-take on anything Jedi, Wookie and Yoda, that was released a good decade after the original George Lucas money-spinner.

It was announced in January that Brooks will be returning to the world of 'The Schwartz' with a "Spaceballs" cartoon series.

BFC Berliner Film Companie has partnered with Brooksfilms and MGM Domestic Television Distribution, a unit of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (NYSE:MGM) , to create the show.

Brooks told Maxim Magazine, says Contact Music, that he'd love to come back and reprise the voices for the characters he played in the film.

"There's an animated Spaceballs TV concept in the works. I told them I'll be happy to look over the scripts and do some voices. I'd love to play President Skroob - he's the perfect president - or Yogurt, the sweet little spiritual, magical man", he says.

"I'm crazy. I'm liable to get into that make-up again when I record the voice - just to get back into the character. Okay, now that would be stupid."

Under the agreement, BFC and MGM will produce an hour-long pilot and 13 half-hour episodes of the series.
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I loved Spaceballs but I don't think it will work as a cartoon.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

That just about sums up my thoughts.

THe 3D animated one might not be bad, assuming they keep it on par with the Clone Wars micro series, and not make it a kiddie toon.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X