Stupid PARENT tricks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid PARENT tricks....

The latest trial coverage and crime news from Court TV, including breaking news, cold cases and major legal stories.

What's not in this article is that these kids got out of the house 3 hours earlier and were returned home by a watchful neighbor. Unfortunately on their second escape they were not so lucky.

If these parents aren't jailed they should at least be slapped silly

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

A Muskego, Wisconsin man was being held in the Waukesha County Jail on Wednesday, accused of having his 6-year-old son steer their car down a freeway from his drunken father's lap, zigzagging at up to 70 mph.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

These are the indirect casualties of drug abuse, I fear. If that mother just "went into the other room" and passed out, I can see why she would have no clue what was happening to them. Probably how they got made in the first place, too..

If it turns out that my hypothesis not apply here specifically, I KNOW it applies elsewhere in this country.

Comment

You should see the effect drug and alcohol use have on kids in school.

My wifes building has so meny kids qualifying as special ed. that it's rediculous, and once you meet the parents during a conference (those few that show up anyhow) it becomes painfully obvious how the kids got that way.

Some of this is due to environmental factors due to living with addicts of one kind or another, but a huge percentage has more to do with DNA damage....and I'm sure some of that is 2nd or 3rd generation damage.

She wishes she had a dollar for every kid she sees with FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) or its non-alcohol drug equivalents.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yeah, but hey man.. do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.. peace out man.. right.

There are people walking around today, the sons and daughters of people who did recreational drugs in the 60s, who have masked genetic damage, too. Phenotype might show normal.. but genotype?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Yeah, but hey man.. do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.. peace out man.. right.

There are people walking around today, the sons and daughters of people who did recreational drugs in the 60s, who have masked genetic damage, too. Phenotype might show normal.. but genotype?

Ok.. I agree on most of the things in this discussion except the arguement about the masked genetic damage. NO SCIENTIFIC BASE FOR THIS CLAIM... There are no serious study that have shown that people get genetic damage from using Pot, LSD, or what ever, but I still think it's very much illegal.

JD
            Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

There are, AFAIK, strong indications however that drug (icluding alcohol, cigarettes (TV I'm not sure about)) abuse during pregancy and breast feeding do affect the child in a negative way though.

Moreover, it stand to reason that when devoting a lot of time on drugs (using and enjoying the ride), this will be at the expense, at least partially, of the time spent on raising the kids well.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

And lets not forget that many drug components are not water soluble but fat soluble. Water soluble compounds leavd the body rather quickly, but not so fat soluble.

Such compounds can sit in the body fat for a long time, emerging into the blood stream over time and quite possibly affecting a developing fetus or the germ cells of the parents before conception. Even if they had quit "for the pregnancy" it may already be too late.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                  There are, AFAIK, strong indications however that drug (icluding alcohol, cigarettes (TV I'm not sure about)) abuse during pregancy and breast feeding do affect the child in a negative way though.

Moreover, it stand to reason that when devoting a lot of time on drugs (using and enjoying the ride), this will be at the expense, at least partially, of the time spent on raising the kids well.

Yes Alcohol, etc are damaging for a developing fetus, esp. in the first trimester. But it doesn't give a genetic damage, it gives a developmental damage. And the damage will not be passed on to further offspring. But I totally agree on your last argument, people that abuse drugs are not fit to be parents.

JD.
                  Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

This thread sure got off on a tangent. I have not seen a mention of alcohol or substance abuse in any of the reporting of this incident.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

True. I guess parents, drugs and kids are more interesting than this specific case.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                      X