"Bad Boy" Pistons getting badder.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bad Boy" Pistons getting badder.....

In the first round of the NBA playoffs the champion Detroit Pistons have come out swinging; smoking the Philidelphia 76'ers to take a 2-0 lead;

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

This is an unmitigated rout and will remain an unmitigated rout unless Iverson and the 76ers figure out what no one has figured out for more than a year -- how to find any breathing room against the Pistons.

When you're the huge favorite, the goal is simple, and the Pistons are executing it flawlessly. Kill the will. They're doing it to Iverson, the NBA's leading scorer, who fired up an airball at the end of the third quarter as if it was all the energy he had left.

Iverson missed 17 of 24 shots, and for someone called The Answer, he sounds out of them.

"It's been rough," Iverson said.

"We just can't stop them, that's it. We've got to come up with something, some new scheme, some new idea. ... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated."

At times in the third quarter, the Pistons were so punishing, it was almost comical. Iverson's shot was swatted away by Tayshaun Prince. Chris Webber's shot was snuffed by Rasheed Wallace. Then Chauncey Billups hit a three-pointer, the lead swelled to 11, the crowd erupted and the game was over, except for the bruising.
    Sounds like the Bad Boys are back in town

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X