Death to Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death to Canada!

We, the proud Americans, cannot allow those dastardly villans "up north" to continue on their current path. We are the only true masters of the ancient and secretly guarded art of frivilous lawsuits, they have gone too far this time and MUST be punished for their attempt to overshadow our inept law system! (Or you can toss this pansy into the Arctic and let a narwhale impale him or something... )

http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/sto...6-f235501470c4
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 25 April 2005, 20:48.

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
    We, the proud Americans, cannot allow those dastardly villans "up north" to continue on their current path. We are the only true masters of the ancient and secretly guarded art of frivilous lawsuits, they have gone too far this time and MUST be punished for their attempt to overshadow our inept law system! (Or you can toss this pansy into the Arctic and let a narwhale impale him or something... )

http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/sto...6-f235501470c4
    LOL. Unbelievable. Isn't this a little late for April Fools???
    Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Wasn't it in Canada where a native indian was sentenced for hunting birds after he shot his horse?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I don't think it's that frivilous.

Yeah, the guy over reacted. But Culligan's brand is based on providing clean water. It's disgusting to think that their water isn't.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

You ARE kidding, right?
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

No.

But let's not vacillate from one extreme to the other. The guy overreacted, that's for sure.

But you've never been bombarded with Culligan's advertising.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Then the damage to them by putting this up in a few consumer shows could well be severe. But to get 340k for being a nutcase is pretty silly IMO. And that wasn't him overreacting I think, that was a court.

Comment

he should split the settlement with all culligans customers then too.. who knows where the fly had been sitting, before it died in the one bottle.. there is no way that one dead fly should be worth that much money
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Who's to say he didn't put the fly in there himself, like the woman at Wendy's with the finger? At least the law down here was smart enough to ferret her out.

Comment

blame canada!
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Edit!!!!

The guy finds a fly in his bottle of water then suddenly becomes deathly afraid of H20, and not JUST bottled water.

THAT is ridiculous. He stops showering, stops drinking water no matter where it comes from, doesn't use water to make coffee, has nightmares. It's pathetic.

Helevitia's story is 100% credible and it's how you'd expect most people to react. The guy in the article blew this whole thing way out of proportion and I find his story to be pure B.S..
                      Last edited by ZokesPro; 26 April 2005, 10:22.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                        Who's to say he didn't put the fly in there himself, like the woman at Wendy's with the finger? At least the law down here was smart enough to ferret her out.

easier to prove that someone lost a finger then finding a fly in your water.
                        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Well, keep it quiet, but I happen to know a lot of the water we drink has been in the sky, and that's absolutely full of flies, not to mention other flying bugs!
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Let me speak from experience. Back in early '96 I purchased a Lipton Iced Tea in the bottle. I drank a very small amount on the way to work. I reached work and attended a training class. I had a few more sips. I looked down at my bottle and noticed a grey/white fleshy looking thing floating in the bottle. It was about the size of a golf ball and shaped like a tangerine slice. On top of that, there was brown eraser like things sitting at the bottom.

At this point I nearly puked in the classroom. It took all of my strength not to puke. I left the classroom and called the 800 number on the bottle. I told them my story and they told me that it was probably mold and not to worry about it. They offered me my money back and some coupons for 6 more ice tea bottles.

I decided to keep the bottle to show my wife when I got home. Through out the day I would look at the bottle and get sick to my stomach. I was starting to feel like it wasn't mold and anyone I would show it to didn't know what it was.

I finally get home and my wife and brother are there. My brother grabs a skewer and pokes it. It wrapped itself around the skewer! I almost puked again. It seemed to be alive now. I called poison control and asked them if I would get food poisoning. They told me it was possible. The guy on the phone also gave me the number ot the dept. of health. He told me to call in the morning and tell them what happened.

I call the dept of health in the morning, they come and pick it up and tell me they will do lab tests on it and get back to me in a week. This is where things went wrong...

I call them up after two weeks of no response. They tell me they didn't have enough time run tests and they would like, with my permission, give it to Lipton for testing. Me, being the person I am, allow them to give it to Lipton. a month goes by and no news from Lipton so I call them up. I talk to this lady who informs me that they bottle was thrown out long ago and that they had determined it was mold. I tell the lady I didn't think it was mold because it moved and wrapped itself around the skewer we poked it with. She tells me that she is sorry for my troubles and offers me $100 for my trouble. I tell her great nad to send it to me. 2 days later I get a certified letter in the mail with a 3 page release form saying they will send me a $100 check as soon as I sign the release form and send it back.

I never did sign that release form or send it back. **** that! The release form is insane. It goes on and on about how I won't sue Lipton, Pepsi, Lucky's(grocery store), and a few other people.

Anyway, the point is, although I was traumatized by this event, it didn't make me depressed and it was far worse than what this guy experienced. The guy was obviously depressed his incident. It did take me 5 years before I would drink iced tea again though. And to this day, anytime I buy a drink from the store I will ook into the bottle and at the bottom. It also took a while before i would drink out of an aluminum can.

Probably lots of spelling mistakes, but I am too lazy to check.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Looks like we have another one ... "Lawsuit Says Man Found Skin In Sandwich". This case is apparently legit. I may never go out for meals again.
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X