Anyone own a DVD-RAM? I need help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a DVD-RAM? I need help..

I recently got a dvd-ram drive and noticed in the instructions that there is a jumper that allows the drive to be detected under windows as a Removable Media drive and a CD/DVD-RAM drive (taking 2 drive letters, I think), this makes the drive work without special drivers. BUT, how do you burn to the discs then? it came with no burning software. It came with a drivers disc that makes the drive work like a HD where you can just copy and move files to that drive. I'd rather not install drivers that may complicate things, I was hoping I could toggle that jumper so that it would detect without drivers, and then use some sort of DVD-RAM software, like the way CDR's use CDRWin.

Phire,

I happen to won a DVD-RAM driver, but at least I have not seen a jumper that works like that. The software I installed made Windows think that it is a removable drive, and I just copy with standard file management tools my stuff over.

I think that before installing the software it looked like a CD-ROM drive, and I seem to remember that I could also write to the thing even before installing the software by just copying... but I am not sure.

It still has a phantom CD-ROM drive letter assigned, by the way, but it does not work.

I do not think there is a problem with installing the software, though, it does seem to work reliably and does not seem to interfere with other things (like my regular DVD-ROM drive or other SCSI devices). I took the latest drivers from the net, of course.

M.

Btw, mine is the "original" Panasonic LF-D100.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Working...
    X