Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap DVD player software

Yup thats got go to power dvd 6.

It wants to play every file on your computer but it can't do it. Sadly when it tries to play any other file it borks up it's real purpose playing DVD's.

You can unbork it by uninstalling and then re-installing and then checking every file associatioon it's taken over but I missed one so I can play DVD's but I can't fast forward or select the type of decoding I want.

I sense the recyle bin coming on.

Whats windvd like these days???.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

This crap software has wasted half n hour drinking time. Moving DVD to other machine re-installing DVD shite so I can use the decoder.
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Try custom install next time. This is a must for any program that has to do with images and media file formats. Tell every program not to take over any extensions except for native file formats and the ones you want to play with particular player. Leave most extensions with Windows default.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
        Try custom install next time. This is a must for any program that has to do with images and media file formats. Tell every program not to take over any extensions except for native file formats and the ones you want to play with particular player. Leave most extensions with Windows default.
        I don't get that option probably because PowerDVD wants to be the media player by forceable choice.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It took Nero about 20 revisions to finally let you install Nero Showtime (a mandatory component of Nerovision) WITHOUT having it take over your machine. And even when it doesn't take over, it puts its damn filters in the Directshow list.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm you're being very polite about Powerdvd.

You said it sucked once it still does since ver 5
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

PowerDVD 5 is OK, at least I had no problems with it (only use it for DVDs and MPEG2 files).

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                I don't get that option probably because PowerDVD wants to be the media player by forceable choice.
                if you normally use Windows media player then you have to go and open Windows media player, tools> options >file types and reselect the necessary file default associations.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                  Gurm you're being very polite about Powerdvd.

You said it sucked once it still does since ver 5
                  No no. PowerDVD does, in fact, still suck. Primarily I use WinDVD now. But I was simply pointing out that virtually ALL DVD player software sucks in one way or another.

PowerDVD 4 XP was perhaps the closest anyone came to NOT sucking. Of course Cyberlink has the world's worst support and feedback pages, so it's impossible to TELL them that their new products suck donkey dick.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I never had that problem with pdvd5 or 6. I still prefer it to windvd because of the controls
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Otherwise BS Player is for downloaded movies due to subtitle support.

Comment

PowerDVD 5 and 6 both suck because they break on SVCD's. Virtually all SVCD's, when played back with PDVD5/6, will have green blocks of corruption. This corruption is not present with WinDVD, or PowerDVD4.

Comment

Working...
                        X