HBO's Deadwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's Deadwood

Does anyone watch the series Deadwood on HBO? I happened to catch an episode when I was in MD last weekend and I was hooked! I dont have HBO (pay too much for Cable as it is!) so I'm in the process of renting the first season. Never really was into Westerns (besides Lonesome Dove Miniseries), but this show kicks ass!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I think that they went overboard with the writing this year.

The episodes are all available online (in various nefarious places).
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      I think that they went overboard with the writing this year.

The episodes are all available online (in various nefarious places).
      with all the ****ing, ****, shit and all those potty mouth words? LOL
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

We've watched every episode and I've been saving most of the recordings. We have to rewatch some segments because the verbage of some characters can be quite obscure at times. That's one of the shows that we schedule to always watch live rather than time-shift our viewing ... it's just too good to wait. We like HBO's "Carnivale" also (done for this season). In fact HBO has a number of very good series, including "Six Feet Under", "Dead Like Me", etc..
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

That's not what I meant, but you have a point there too.

What I meant is that the dialog has gone from quaint to confusing. Instead of just sticking to the vernacular of the day, they've added an element of vagueness to everyday conversation so you have to pay really close attention to figure out what people are alluding too.

As for the swearing. It's overdone. Someone on the TV Tome forums mentioned that it's unlikely that they'd be calling each other ****suckers so much because back then, **** only meant a male chicken, and wasn't yet slang for penis.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            We've watched every episode and I've been saving most of the recordings. We have to rewatch some segments because the verbage of some characters can be quite obscure at times. That's one of the shows that we schedule to always watch live rather than time-shift our viewing ... it's just too good to wait. We like HBO's "Carnivale" also (done for this season). In fact HBO has a number of very good series, including "Six Feet Under", "Dead Like Me", etc..
            I was very disappointed with season one of Carnivale and haven't bothered to watch this season at all.

I didn't like the way it kept building up and building up and then nothing happened.

Comment

Well you've really missed out on season two then because they hit the ground running explaining much and they carried through to the end with a lot of action and a conclusion ... but apparently not a conclusion. I can't wait for next season.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

It's all available online so I'm not feeling left out. If I ever get realy bored, I can download the episodes.

Comment

Carnivale

Well of course you're not left out. You could even pay for the DVD(s) some day and watch them ... but you have missed out so far. Give it another try and you may find you really like it.

Comment

You could even pay for the DVD(s) some day and watch them
                    The horror!

Comment

As for the swearing. It's overdone. Someone on the TV Tome forums mentioned that it's unlikely that they'd be calling each other ****suckers so much because back then, **** only meant a male chicken, and wasn't yet slang for penis.
                      Agreed. I don't watch it because of it. Every now and again it is alright. But they go way overboard.
                      Flangor Strongaxe

Get Firefox

Comment

Well you've really missed out on season two then because they hit the ground running explaining much and they carried through to the end with a lot of action and a conclusion ... but apparently not a conclusion. I can't wait for next season.
                        Ok so I watched episode 1 of the second season and I'm not sure if I'm lost or what.

My recollection is that the last season ended with the kid from T3 trying to save the woman, Ruthie?, from death by snake bite and not being able to use his powers. He gets Ruthie's son to go get Lodz and that's the end.

Now season 2 starts with Lodz dead and a fire in the fortune teller's trailer and Ruthie alive and expressing gratitude.

Did I miss and episode or is the gap filled in later in season 2.

Comment

When I read the title I thought Dan Wood now works for HBO.

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

I'd almost forgotten that name

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

schmosef ... No time to get into it right now but you can read the synopsis from all the episodes at http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/episode/index.shtml .

Comment

Working...
                              X