Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App to convert analog video into type-1 DV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App to convert analog video into type-1 DV?

Does anyone know of a little (freeware?) tool that I can use to convert AVI files into type-1 DV Avi format? AFAIK Virtualdub can't do this because type-1 DV Avi isn't a VFW format.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

If you are running XP, then Winodws Moviemaker can do the trick...........
    Lawrence

Comment

So can the STOIK video converter, along with conversion from *.avi, *.wmv or *.mpg to *.avi codecs or *.wmv. It's dedicated to conversions only, so the interface is very clean and the conversions fast.

Main: http://www.stoik.com/

Video Converter: http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/

There are freebie and commercial versions, but the freebie will handle 99% of your needs but the commercial version has more flexibility and can import QT files.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

unfortunately neither Stoik nor Windows Moviemaker will open a Virtualdub
        signpost file...

My intention was to capture analog video, apply some virtualdub filtering, and then frameserve it into some app that will make a PAL DV type-1 AVI out of it.

MY preferred video editing app (Pinnacle Studio) only handles DV and MPG as imput formats.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying dutchman
          unfortunately neither Stoik nor Windows Moviemaker will open a Virtualdub
          signpost file...

My intention was to capture analog video, apply some virtualdub filtering, and then frameserve it into some app that will make a PAL DV type-1 AVI out of it.

MY preferred video editing app (Pinnacle Studio) only handles DV and MPG as imput formats.
          Ah I see - Moviemaker and Studio cannot do frameserving afaik. Dont know about Stoik though.

What hw do you capture with under Virtualdub? - why not simply make a Huff avi (that Studio speaks) and feed that to Studio? - why must it be DV type 1 (that Studio dont speak btw)
          Lawrence

Comment

I can't use virtualdub for capturing since my capture card is WDM based, I use fly2000TV. I capture into an AVI file using either huffyuv or Picvideo compression.

After capturing, I want to do some filtering (levels, DNR noise reduction and reverse the field order) before converting it into DV AVI. I'd rather not use an intermediate file.

Comment

Ever consider Videotools Liknk2 input server? It supports VirtualDub and AVISynth;

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X