RT2K time lag in activating codec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2K time lag in activating codec

Wonder if anyone can help with this one.

Several years ago I used to own one of the original marvels. One of it's annoying features was that it would take about 1 second to activate a clip when you clicked on it in Media Studio 5. The only way to get rid of this time lag was to keep another clip open in the background to keep the codec active.

Although the time lag is not so bad I am again having similar problems with my RT2K.

When working with my DC30+ as soon as I clicked on the time line or preview window the file would start playing back instantly.

With the RT I get an audio "pop" and about half a second later I can playback my files.

Now half a second does not seem like much but if your putting together a 30 minute project with lots of edit points it can become somewhat annoying.

Do the other RT2K user have the same expreience or is there a way around this.

Thanks

Pooh

[This message has been edited by Pooh (edited 04 April 2001).]
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

A 1 to 2 second delay is normal. This is the time Premiere takes to initialize the playback.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
    X