Daughters wedding: ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughters wedding: ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Our darling daughter Sabrina is getting married on Friday, with all the royal PITA's and expense that this incurs

Sheeshhh.....dunno if my nerves (or wallet!!) can take this.

Boys are a LOT easier on daddy's nervious system than girls who have daddy tightly wound 'round their little fingers

At least she's marrying a really nice guy with a great job whose mother and 5 brothers are Sabrinas biggest fans

Eldest son Kurt is getting married later this summer to one of Sabrina's best friends, who we have known since they all were all in diapers.

Chris is already married to a great girl and living in Ohio.

and Erik is, thank GOD, at least 10 years away....we hope

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Time to start saving...

Comment

You should emigrate to Switzerland - fast. It's the bridegroom's family that picks up all the tabs there. But you'll have to go back to the USA before Erik decides to get spliced

Seriously, it's nice that some families are still founded on marriage and perhaps Sabrina's papa has something to answer for there.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
        Our darling daughter Sabrina is getting married on Friday, with all the royal PITA's and expense that this incurs

Sheeshhh.....dunno if my nerves (or wallet!!) can take this.

Boys are a LOT easier on daddy's nervious system than girls who have daddy tightly wound 'round their little fingers

At least she's marrying a really nice guy with a great job whose mother and 5 brothers are Sabrinas biggest fans

Eldest son Kurt is getting married later this summer to one of Sabrina's best friends, who we have known since they all were all in diapers.

Chris is already married to a great girl and living in Ohio.

Dr. Mordrid
        You got me worried.

Then I checked the fmily tree...

Comment

We're a little concerned that #2 will be a girl. I don't know if I can handle that. It's not so long since I was a teenage boy, I don't think my nervous system will be able to handle it once my (potential) daughter turns 12. I'll probably snap.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
            We're a little concerned that #2 will be a girl. I don't know if I can handle that. It's not so long since I was a teenage boy, I don't think my nervous system will be able to handle it once my (potential) daughter turns 12. I'll probably snap.
            Just be glad you're not my friend who has daughters of 9, 12 and 15 Which means in three years he'll have daughters of 12, 15 and 18 ... three of them ... at once. And the oldest is enough of a stuck up witch to drive the most sane father insanse.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Funny that, the wife and I offered up some sacrificial goats so that we could be blessed with another girl

So far we think she'll play soccer if her kicking mommy's bladder is any sign.

Don't know whether to congratulate you or give you my condolences Doc
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Ever listen to Bobcat Goldthwait? He did a bit - years ago, when his daughter was like 2, about how he'd handle her becoming a teenager.

"People ask me if I'll kill the first guy she sleeps with. I tell them no, I'll kill the 50TH guy she sleeps with!"

Or something like that. He went off for like ten minutes on how he didn't think he could handle a teenaged girl. Of course, then he turned around and MARRIED a teenaged girl. *sigh* (Nikki Cox)
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  I don't think my nervous system will be able to handle it once my (potential) daughter turns 12. I'll probably snap.
                  I started collecting baseball bats when my first daughter was born 10 years ago. I still can't hit a thrown ball with it, but I'm pretty sure I'll do well with teenage punks. I find swinging them has a relaxing effect on my nerves.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Any dates my daughters bring home will promplty be shown my gun collection - ok they are all family heirlooms, and some even take absolelete ammo, but I think they will get the point
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                      Any dates my daughters bring home will promplty be shown my gun collection - ok they are all family heirlooms, and some even take absolelete ammo, but I think they will get the point
                      You should get some artist to whip up some severed heads of skanky teen guys mounted to plaques and hung on the wall.. beneath each you have placards which say things like: "Copped a feel, merciful and quick" and "Third base, slow torture" (this one's face should show a macabre look of agony) and so forth.

Comment

I like your way of thinking
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I had a dad do that to me once, while my date was getting her things together to leave. I guess he was trying to intimidate me or something. Regardless, his "fun" daughter and I had a great time that night.

Comment

my stepdad had like 15 guns in the house and their ammo was delivered my UPS on a monthly basis. i never even brought guys to the door of my house when i was in school.
                            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Hehehee.....

I did notice that Phil (her fiance) took a good LONG look at the .50 cal buffalo rifle mounted over the fireplace the first time in our house

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X