What about MediaStudio 8..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about MediaStudio 8..?

There is any new about MediaStudio 8? Is near? HDV native? New editing interface, like Avid, Premiere Pro, etc. or AB roll? 64 bits?
    Media Studio 7 is from 2003, two years and a half old. New version should come soon...

Thanks.

I agree that logic indicates a new MSPro build soon and it's time for a whold new version. Look at it as the product cycle coming full 'round: whole new versions of DVDMF. PhotoImpact and Videostudio have been delivered, so only DVDWS and MSPro remain and MSPro has come first the last couple of cycles. Cool3D Production Studio is also overdue, but it's a second tier product and will likely come last.

That said of course I know more than just the above obvious speculations, but if I said anything I'd have to kill you

MSPro7 already has an extra cost HDV plugin and after the 7.3 patch can already deliver HD_WMV files for HD_DVD, so it's getting there. The 7.3 patch also added 24p support for those lucky devils with 24fps Panaconic cams.

In the past such extra cost plugins have ended up as standard features in Ulead products (the DVD plugin morphed into a bundled DVDMF LE and the AC3 plugin for DVDWS 1.0 became DVDMF2's standard feature), so HDV becoming a standard feature isn't IMO out of the realm of possibility. Not at all.

VideoStudio 9 already indicates that user interface changes are in the works with the best example being the expanding family of wizards and the new keyframer noted in my eariler post. I'm betting on much more than this, but we'll see.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 April 2005, 10:08.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think I'll have to kill Dr M for having revealed that much!

Seriously, it is all speculation at this stage. The only info that has been released is that a new version with major changes is in development, but the definitive time scale is still unknown. A provisional one has been released to testers under NDA and all I can say is that you'll die if you start holding your breath today.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm already dying just watching the clock

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I will not die just yet. I'd rarther wait. lmao

Debbie
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
          X