Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Footbll leaving ABC for cable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Footbll leaving ABC for cable...

It's going to ESPN. NBC gets Sunday night games;

BIG loss for ABC and football fans without cable or satellite.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Good riddance.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      It's going to ESPN. NBC gets Sunday night games;

Dr. Mordrid
      It's a big loss for the fans without satellite or cable, not really ABC as ESPN is owned by ABC. I just hope Chris Berman announces Monday Night Football.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Maybe now you can start watching soccer - the real sport.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
          Maybe now you can start watching soccer - the real sport.
          American's don't understand soccer. They find it too slow paced with no commercial breaks to get beers and snacks.

We do have a pro soccer league here, it just isn't that popular. The KC Wizards have won the cup a couple of times and KC barely had a crowd at the celebration party.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oddly enough, I find football boring and soccer exciting, then again I did play it most of the time growing up.

College football is the exception sometimes.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              I wouldnt say its a big loss for ABC, They've been wanting to get rid of it out of the monday night slot since the ratings have been creeping down for years now and I would assume it costs a king's ransom to keep the excusive rights to it. Anyways if a local team plays on Monday night, the local stations will pick it up for those without Cable.
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Crap, there goes watching MNF in HD with my new ATI HDTV Wonder!
                Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

come to Canada, you can watch curling if you find soccer or football too boring
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Sunday night is now the "premiere" game supposedly. It'd be cool, but I doubt Berman will be announcing because he is part of the NFL Countdown show before the game. NBC better get good announcers and I hope the ESPN announcing crew of dumbass, dumbass and dumbass will no longer be around.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                      come to Canada, you can watch curling if you find soccer or football too boring
                      Sounds like as much fun as watching a game of petanque or cricket!!
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                      X