Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in $8k worth of trouble....

because my wife wants one of these for her craft shop's system;

Looks like a terriffic toy, but SHEEEESHHHHHH.......

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dr,

...nice toy!!!

you can't tell me that you won't get some enjoyment out of that yourself...it is pricey though...OUCH!

cc

Comment

I wish my wants would really be as important as some people seem to think theirs are.

Comment

I want one! I want one! Not that I have a use for it, but that's not the point

Tell your wife she can have one, but you expect a decent ROI within 6 months!

Oh, and it'll be a lot more than $8k by the time she sees all the optional extras, and what she could do with a more powerfull laser.
        FT.

Comment

[Evil mode]
          I wonder whether you can tatoo / brand someone/thing with it...
          [/Evil mode]
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            I wish my wants would really be as important as some people seem to think theirs are.
            The richer you get, the more expensive your so called "needs" become. (Definition of "need": anything that is necessary but lacking)
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

On another forum I used to frequent (Bimmerforums.com or bf.c for short) the correct response would be to tell her that she can have that after she lets you film the butsekz she gives you. However, I don't know if that would work in your case.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                On another forum I used to frequent (Bimmerforums.com or bf.c for short) the correct response would be to tell her that she can have that after she lets you film the butsekz she gives you. However, I don't know if that would work in your case.
                LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                  The richer you get, the more expensive your so called "needs" become. (Definition of "need": anything that is necessary but lacking)
                  Actually, the fact that this does not hold for me is what makes me consider myself as rich. Not that I am poor or anything.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

haven't looked at the product too closely, but on every CO2 laser I worked on (from 1600 - 4000 W) the CO2 was expendable - the power was reduced gradually with every use, and the CO2 needed to be replenished. Something you may want to look at.
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                      Actually, the fact that this does not hold for me is what makes me consider myself as rich. Not that I am poor or anything.
                      It's not my case either but I can see how it can be, having lots of money tends to corrupt most.

@gt40: It is a CO2 laser beam.

Comment

Cool, you could dissassemble it and use it to burn tattoos on people!

Comment

She should write it off on the taxes as a business expense. All she has to do is make 8K over the next 3-5 years. And obviously, you need a new PC to control it !

Comment

Money can't buy happiness, but it can sure rent it for a while!
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                            X