No announcement yet.

Software to display 4 dispays on one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to display 4 dispays on one...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any software that can combine something like 4 virtual or real desktops onto one main output?

Regards,

John.

Huh? What are you trying to do? Putting 4 displays onto 1 display is called setting the computer to 1 display.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'll try and explain a little more...

We have one system here at work using a P650 and an old Millennium card - all four outputs are going into a multi-display processor and projected onto a large wall display. So, we have 4 full screen windows each running different apps going into this box which then creates one image, with 4 sections.

So, my question was, is there any software capable of doing this as we need another machine for another display - the problem being that the multi-display processor costs in the region of $10k! The projector can happily handle 1600x1200 but I'd rather not just have 4 windows running as some of the resolutions may need to be different.

Hope this makes slightly more sense!

regards,

John

Comment

A first thing that comes to mind is: if even feasable, you'll have resolution limitations...

However, Matrox has products with 4 outputs in their range: QID

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm into this market, so I don't know, but wouldn't four separate projectors be cheaper?

Comment

Working...
          X