Looking for this card in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for this card in Europe

A couple of months ago I posted about a cheap tuner+MPEG2 card I found at a webshop called "Alternate" in Germany. It had a LSI MPEG2 chip, which has become uncommon now. I've tried to buy it, but it never came in stock. Now I'm told it is no longer available.

This card turns out to be manufactured by eVGA, and distributed by many brands, like Piont of View, Gainward, etc.

A test comparing this card with others can be found here: http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q2...o/index.x?pg=1

The test result makes me even more want to test this card. But I simply can't seem to find any store that carries any brand version of the Nvidia NVTV card. An American import would have a useless NTSC tuner, so that's not an option.

Does anyone know where I could find such a card in Europe?

Thanks
    Apulo

Apulo,

Try ask here. Its a "long shot" but they could perhaps give u a lead.

Good luck.
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

They got one! But they don't ship outside UK. Rats....

Fast email response though, took them just a few minutes: Sorry But due to shipping issues in the past - i.e damages and lost good claims as well as the problems arising with VAT and warranties, we no longer ship outside the UK mainland, northern Ireland, Ireland and the Channel Isles.

Thanks for the tip though! BTW, since you advised them, do they ship to Malta?
      Apulo

Comment

OK, found one in Holland. Brand name XFX, a UK company. But only bulk versions for Windows Media Edition 2005 are available, and unfortunately this means more than just no remote control included.

No drivers are included either so it won't work in 2000/XP unless you find those drivers. And XFX is one of those companies that do not offer downloads

As these cards are all the same (made by eVGA) I tried asking nVidia, and checked their online downloads, but no response.

Does anyone know where one could find the drivers for these NVTV PAL (!) cards?

Thanks!
        Apulo

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Yes they have a branch here run by local owner. All items come from Scan UK. However probably it will not be a stock item over here only on order.
          Shop & Buy Laptops, Computers, TVs, Smartphones - Acer, Apple, Asus, MSI, Canon, HP, Lenovo, Epson, Panasonic, Xiaomi in Malta

Regards,

Debbie
          Last edited by Debbie; 18 April 2005, 15:38.
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
          X