New drivers available for Parhelia/Millennium Pxxx cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers available for Parhelia/Millennium Pxxx cards

New drivers available (1.09.00.055) for Matrox Parhelia AGP/PCI, Matrox Millennium P650/P750, Matrox Millennium P650 PCIe and Matrox Parhelia APVe video cards:
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive..._00_055_hf.exe

There's also SE, vid and WDM versions of these drivers, in case someone will need those.
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/2kxp/2005/

P.S. I haven't tried them yet.

Great thanks for the info
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

There's one new feature in the PureVideo/DVDMax Settings:
      - Preserve source size

"Show the preview at the same size as the source video. If larger than the feature display, the preview is shown full-screen with the aspect ratio preserved. If smaller than the feature display, black borders may appear."

Comment

Mhmm...progress - P-series drivers released more often then G-series ones

Comment

Originally posted by Mikko
          There's one new feature in the PureVideo/DVDMax Settings:
          - Preserve source size ...
          That's new? Isn't that the same as the Preserve Aspect Ratio feature on G-Series DH cards?
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

hmmm...
            haig said once the new dx9-compiled beta driver will be based on a newer driver branch than 1.08x ...

let's hope it'll be 1.09 then ;-)

crossing fingers and start downloading (btw: has the package to be this big ?),

b.
            personal mga-history: mystique 170 2mb,millennium g200,millennium g400dh,parhelia 128

Comment

sounds like BOTH the software engineers at matrox have been busy lately
              Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtFarmer
                sounds like BOTH the software engineers at matrox have been busy lately
                LOL
                how true!
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

New Driver Problems??

Ok, i uninstalled my drivers via cp and went through the redetecting and installing these latest drivers...everything went well...except for errors when closing out certain programs like device manager, msoobe.exe, paintshop and others that have yet to be detected.

has anyone else seen this???

hey...i can't post my screen shot

it seems to be the same address on all errors(..video memory???)

cc

Comment

I had the exact same problem following a power failure.
                    (the thread is somewhere in General Hardware)

As it had been a while since I last installed Windows, I just did that. And it solved the problem.

My thoughts are that some Windows files are corrupt; you could try repairing your Windows installation if you don't want to reinstall everything...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese
                      Ok, i uninstalled my drivers via cp and went through the redetecting and installing these latest drivers...everything went well...except for errors when closing out certain programs like device manager, msoobe.exe, paintshop and others that have yet to be detected.

has anyone else seen this???

hey...i can't post my screen shot

it seems to be the same address on all errors(..video memory???)

cc
                      This error happened already with the 1.08 drivers (for many users). Try to disable "Automatically save/restore window positions" in PowerDesk-HF -> Desktop Management.

Comment

Mikko,

i tried that both ways...no help

VJ,

i have been itching to a fresh install with my slipstreamed sp2 xp cd and this as good excuse as any to just go ahead and do it this weekend...and i have kept my stuff backed up on my NAS, so i'm ready.

i just wonder if i should go straight to this driver version though...i did not have this problem with the previous version..

cc
                        Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 13 April 2005, 01:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese
                          i have been itching to a fresh install with my slipstreamed sp2 xp cd and this as good excuse as any to just go ahead and do it this weekend...and i have kept my stuff backed up on my NAS, so i'm ready.

i just wonder if i should go straight to this driver version though...i did not have this problem with the previous version..
                          Be warned:

I had problems applying SP2 when there was no Matrox driver installed (screen just blanked).

As you are using a slipstreamed CD, chances are you'll see the same problem when the system boots for the first time. The workaround is to boot into safe mode, and install the drivers there (read the thread I linked to).

Jörg
                          Last edited by VJ; 13 April 2005, 05:54.
                          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by mystique170
                            hmmm...
                            haig said once the new dx9-compiled beta driver will be based on a newer driver branch than 1.08x ...
                            http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=15231 (2nd post)
                            Haig says he's waiting for the next branch...

Guess BOTH software engineers are still busy...

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

VJ,

thanks for the link...i read the thread.

i have installed my sp2 sscd on this rig about a year ago...i didn't have any problems...was i lucky? or is the problem only seen on certain combos of hardware?

i think i'll take my chances while certainly keeping the safe mode option in mind.

cc

Comment

Working...
                              X