Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

r we ever getting the old domain name back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r we ever getting the old domain name back?

just curious.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Simple truth is, were not all dedicated matrox users these days.
    Ant wanted to change the domain name to murc.com years back, but there is a cyber sqauater on that. so when the chance to get murc.ws came up I grabbed it.

We have been the 'MURC' for a long time, the url change was just to formalize it
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

m'k

So do you intend to squat on the old domain name forever or are you going to let it go?

I have to say that this feels a little like another nail in Matrox's coffin.

What happens if Matrox ever gets their act together and comes out with a card we can all be proud of at a price we can all afford? Would the old domain name come back?

LOL! I just realised how ridiculous that postulation was. Might as well plan for the second coming (first coming to some); it'll happen sooner!

Comment

hehe, well ant still owns the old domain, its hosted on this server, just the web pages redirect to here.

still using the matroxusers.com email addresses, I have access to change the DNS settings, just nothing else on that domain name... though Ant has been MIA even to me for a while, so I do need to track him down.

Even if matrox came out with a killer card, there would be a lot of us that won't use it - *waves the osx/mac user*

We still have the dedicated Matrox forum, so wait and see.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

MURC = Matrox Users Resource Centre !
          Last edited by Guru; 11 April 2005, 06:09.
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
            MURC = Matrox Userc Resource Centre !
            I don't get it.

Comment

Could be he's pointing out that it really doesn't matter whether we use murc.ws or matroxusers.com, as MURC stands for exactly the same thing.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                Could be he's pointing out that it really doesn't matter whether we use murc.ws or matroxusers.com, as MURC stands for exactly the same thing.
                yepp!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hmmm?

murc= Mad User Resource Centre
                  murc= MarshMallow User Resource Centre
                  murc= Modified User Relaxation Centre

Comment

Well, people have changed the meaning of acronyms before.. Digital Video Disc became Digital Versatile Disc, and so on..

MURC

Mostly Useless Raving Cranks
                    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 11 April 2005, 07:38.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Well, people have changed the meaning of acronyms before.. Digital Video Disc became Digital Versatile Disc, and so on..
                      ... "Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks" became "Redundant Array of Independent Disks"

... and for that matter, "bad" started to mean good.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                      X