Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 5.4 drivers released!!

grab them from http://www.ati.com/

Woot, they've dropped support for 8500 cards, no more having to upgrade drivers!

(I assume since it supports 9100 IGP cards it would still work with R200 class cards, but I havn't felt even the slightest urge to try new drivers for quite a while now after trying the CCC a while back, this 8500 will most definately be the last ATI card I ever buy.)
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 9 April 2005, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
      Woot, they've dropped support for 8500 cards, no more having to upgrade drivers!
      (I assume since it supports 9100 IGP cards it would still work with R200 class cards, but I havn't felt even the slightest urge to try new drivers for quite a while now after trying the CCC a while back, this 8500 will most definately be the last ATI card I ever buy.)
      I don't really see where you read that they dropped support for 8500 cards.

Originally posted by http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_54_release_notes.html#189307
      Desktop product family support

The CATALYSTâ„¢ software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
      • RADEONâ„¢ X850 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ X800 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ X700 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ X600 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ X300 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ 9X00 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ 8500 series
      • RADEONâ„¢ 7X00 series
      Oh.. maybe you read the ATI Chipset Product Support and found no trace of the 8500, a Desktop product.
      I guess people just roll their eyes too easily those days.

And btw, if you don't like CCC, you just thave to download the catalyst version with the standard interface, or use omega version of they drivers.
      You really should revise your opinion on why don't buy another ATI product anymore! lol
      NocturnDragon

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnDragon
        ... You really should revise your opinion on why don't buy another ATI product anymore! lol
        Or NVIDIA for that matter.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Whoops, I must not have been looking close enough, missed the 8500 in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            Or NVIDIA for that matter.
            Or from anyother one actually, that's probably just me, but i like to decide whether or not buy a certain product, based just on the product itself, and not at the remote history of the company that sells it. (with some exception though :P)
            NocturnDragon

Comment

Well the only thing I can say about these is that there isn't the annoying lag after logging on.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X