Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real Mech Warrior!!

This is the first generation, scary

page doesn't load, site might be busy...
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

yes, it's a very busy site

Well here it is...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Elie; 7 April 2005, 13:33.

Comment

It looks cool, but it doesn't walk It just shuffles, both feet always rolling on the ground
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

true, however in order to properly walk like in the game Mech Warrior, they need it to have a wider stance a more solid frame (you can see it wobble left and right with every step) and the feet need to be wider and bigger.
          Also with every step the Mech has to shift weight left to right etc, in order to maintain balance as it lifts the foot off the ground.

Good for a first time though

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
            yes, it's a very busy site

Well here it is...

Linking to the image on that site doesn't help because the site is too busy to serve the image.

If you have it cached already, just upload the image (instead of linking) in a post.

Comment

Done

Comment

Dunno if it's busy or just friggin slow.. 3.4kb/sec download speed.. gag.

Comment

I don't think those things were meant to be powered with gasoline motors.. doesn't sound right. The dog barking in the background is interesting.. wonder what he's thinking.

Comment

Saw the first vid.. yep, pretty wobbly.. don't think the average Luke Skywalker would have much trouble bringing it down with a bit of twine. I really hate the internal combustion sound though... those things should sound like the ones in Return of the Jedi. Never really thought about it before, but I wonder what power source they were supposed to be using..

Comment

Where have you been?
                      Dilithium Crystals of course.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

has the potential to be really cool.

Comment

It's cool that they actually made it, but I'm kind of unimpressed. I totally agree with Elie, it does need a wider stance etc.

http://www.societyofra.com/mehen/files/robo_s.wmv (walking)

There's the vid - much faster dload.
                          Last edited by Mehen; 8 April 2005, 14:27.
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

and the other one, almost forgot...

http://www.societyofra.com/mehen/files/shot.wmv (shooting)
                            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I saw these guys give a talk about their mech development. They don't have any walking machines yet, but they discussed the issue of balance with stabalization algorithms.
                              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                              X