18 minutes of play & then error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 minutes of play & then error

I am recording from 8mm to matrox MJPEG using a G400 and Virtual Dub.

The recording goes great, 52 minutes with very few drops (mostly on scene changes).

However, every player I have tried (including virtual dub), stops the playback at 18 minutes & some seconds. Exact same spot every time.

I seem to recall reading about this error somewhere, but cannot remember where I read it or what the issue is.

Please Help!!

You don't say what frame size/rate or compression you are using. But at full-chat(3 Mb/s), 18 minutes is about the 2Gb mark which sounds suspicious.

I'd either stick to using PC-VCR for capture, or (better) use AV_IO since it's much quicker on the transition between files for large captures.

Comment

Frame rate was 29.97, I forget compression rate, but data rate was 1.4Mb/s.

The finished file size was just over 2 GB (Virtual Dub seemed to create the 2 files fine).

At that lowere date rate, I wasn't even half way through the first file when the problem occurred.

(I had tried AVI_IO (the trial), but it stoped recording early in the 52 minutes & popped up a box saying I had exceeded the trial limit. Even though I had just downloaded it & it said it would make 3 2-Gbyte files)

Comment

Working...
      X