Word 2000 blinking cursor!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word 2000 blinking cursor!!

Got a funny in MS Word 2000 under Win2kSP4 where the blinking text cursor will blink itself the same colour as the background, then stop blinking, effectively becoming invisible.
    This seems to happen with large docs and is driving me mad when I'm trying to edit them!
    I've tried changing background colours and the cursor blink rate, but it didnt do any good.
    Ideas anyone?
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

MS Word 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
      MS Word 2003.

Company issue PC. If I had a choice, I'd still be running Word 96.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Set it to white chars on blue background and wonder why, o why, did we ever leave WP 5.1.

With Word 2003 I got the issue that when scrolling, object that dissapear above or below don't get redrawn after scrolling them back on screen again. Bloody anoying.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

you installed all the service packs?

Comment

Yep, sp3 or sp2, not sure, running under WXP SP2 / DX9.0b or c. Did something else as well as an M$ KB article told me it might have to do with GDI+ vs GDI orsumting, all to no avail.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X