remote viewing of a hardware overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote viewing of a hardware overlay

I wanted to use pcAnywhere to watch a TV show that I saved as an avi. When watching the movie it is shown as a black box. The hardware overlay isn't being sent.

What is a good method to watch a movie playing on one computer and viewing on a separate compter?

A while ago, I thought GURM had mentioned that using an AIW could be modified to show the hardware overlay at least for doing a screen capture. I couldn't find the post when searching.

Thanks for help

dshumake

Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but can't you disable the overlay?

A better way (IMO) is to stream the avi file, for instance using streaming software
    Download free Video Streaming software. Software reviews. Changelog.

I have used the free Windows Media Encoder (with success):
    Learn how to get Windows Media Player 12 for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.

(it also streams live streams, i.e. from a TV card)

You configure the quality of the stream on the server.
    On the client side, you need to use MediaPlayer (I think any player with streaming support will do) and connect to the server.

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 6 April 2005, 03:08.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Don't look any further http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by dshumake
        I wanted to use pcAnywhere to watch a TV show that I saved as an avi. When watching the movie it is shown as a black box. The hardware overlay isn't being sent.

What is a good method to watch a movie playing on one computer and viewing on a separate compter?
        What you want to do it set up some kind of network sharing, so that your local computer can see it and play it for itself.

VLC, as mentioned, may work, but why are you trying to do things this way?
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The main reason is for watching TV programs while traveling.

dshumake

Comment

You're missing my point. decoding the video on the server is a lot more bandwidth intensive than decoding the video on the client.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X