I bought a used Eizo T68 on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a used Eizo T68 on eBay

The T68 is a 19" aperture grille (not completely flat) monitor, I got it for 95 EUR including shipping.

What can I say? This is the absolute best monitor I've ever laid eyes on! Even better than my old Iiyama VM Pro 17 I'm so full of praise about. I'm running it at 1400x1050 now, and it's tack sharp! Geometry is perfect. Contrast is good. Colors are a little too modest for me, but this could easily be the GF4.

So far, I'm loving this monitor, and if I had the money, I'd buy two more (one for me and one for the GF).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Heh... I've got a F67. Basically the same thing regarding frequencies, USB etc, but it's a shadow mask screen so colours are probably not so vivid as on the apperture grill version. Nevertheless, it's also the best monitor I've ever had and I wouldn't change it for anything. Well, for T68 maybe...
    I'm also looking into buying an IBM P260 21" monitor. It's some sort of Sony rebranded model. Anyone have any experience with them? I could get it for 150 EUR, 3 years old.

Comment

I wouldn't buy any 3 year old CRT monitor, unless if it rarely has been used over that period.

Comment

Well you can continue using it for another 2 years when the LCDs become even better and more affordable.

I see Eizo 19" F67 or F730 for 100 Euros and 21" F77 or F930 for 130 Euros, 22" Compaq P1220 (came out in early 04) goes for 195€ locally.
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 6 April 2005, 02:55.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
          I wouldn't buy any 3 year old CRT monitor, unless if it rarely has been used over that period.
          Considering my Iiyama is 9 years old now and has been used for 8-12 hours EVERY day, and still has a picture quality that would put any new CRT below 500 EUR to shame, and also considering I don't have the money for a nice TFT, I must say I don't agree with you

If I buy a TFT, I won't go below 1400 px width, 1280 just isn't enough. And those screens are expensive and most of them aren't fast enough.

AZ

Comment

I agree with Az here, My 8 year old Taxan 750 still has incredible quality, shame it is only a 17 Inch

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
              For that kind of money I would. My Sony is over 5 years old now, and it takes a little warming up to gets its sharpness back, but once it's been on for a few moments it's still as good as new. And I use my monitor quite a bit.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I bought some used NEC 22" trinitons for home use.. they cost me $269CDN each.. that was a year ago, and I would have no problem doing the same again
                Next monitor will surely be a TFT,or two, but that will not happen this year
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

While you all basking in you new(ish) monitors, I got mine as well.

Just bought a year old mitsubishi 22" 2070sb, the guy who owned is running a computer business so gave me as a receipt saying it was at promotional price(half the cost of new) so hopefully I will get the full 3 year warranty instead of just the 2 left on it.

And its a nice monitor to

Comment

this really is CRT central, personally, still have 2 samsung 21' dynaflats next to my 2001FP TFT. For me the move to triple LCD cant come soon enough, far nicer to work with day to day, better definition, no radioation. Call me paranoid if you like but all those rays cant be good for you. wish cash was as easy to earn as it is to spend.
                    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

LCD are so much better for work -except if you need colour stable screens for production work.

OTOH, my Eizo T965 21" can't be beat for gaming

Comment

Borat, I'd gladly buy a high quality 21" TFT if I could afford one, but I can't, so I don't

AZ

Comment

Working...
                        X