X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Satellite Maps

Here is our house.

Though not perfectly accurate.
    Our house is the red roof accross the street and 3 houses down from where they have marked as our address.
    (you have to zoom in a notch to see it)
    Pretty cool though.
    Last edited by cjolley; 5 April 2005, 10:24.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

what imaginative city layout
    here is mine
    Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

edit: stupid google does not change the content of the address bar, untill you hit link to this page
    Last edited by Tjalfe; 5 April 2005, 11:08.
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
      what imaginative city layout
      here is mine
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2528+N...7832&t=k&hl=en
      You live in my house?
      How come I have never run into you before?
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

LOL!

Seriously, those google dudes have got to cool it. If they're not careful, they're going to turn into big brother.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Seriously detailed database!
          Here is my workplace, by office name!
          With links to our web pages!
          Last edited by cjolley; 5 April 2005, 10:44.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
            You live in my house?
            How come I have never run into you before?
            alternate dimension.. the internet is the only portal between our worlds

here is the real map
            Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
              alternate dimension.. the internet is the only portal between our worlds
              Not at all
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Very nice and scary feature (I agree with schmosef), unfortunately for north america only.

No offense chuck, but your city looks very dull and grey - this american "make everything right angled and name streets with numbers" thing is really strange to me.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  No offense chuck, but your city looks very dull and grey - this american "make everything right angled and name streets with numbers" thing is really strange to me.

AZ
                  It's Grey:
                  1, The picture was taken in early spring.
                  I can tell this because you can see our brick walk around the pecan tree in back, later in the year it will be obscured bygreen leaves. But, there is some green, and it will get greener.

2, Central and western Oklahoma are practially a dessert. In fact, part of it is dessert.

It's right angled:
                  3, In OKC East-West streets are numbered, North-South streets are named. This makes perfect sense.

4, Our house and it's surroundings were built in 1938. New work is less grid-like. And in Oklahoma City there is almost no terrain to work around. It's all simply farmland split up into housing developments.

No offense:
                  5, I could ride a bike to work, but why bother: my parking is paid for and there is no traffic to speak of between my house and my office.

6, Last but not least, I own an 1800 sqft house 3.5 miles from the center (where I work) of a city of 1,000,000 that I only had to pay $64,000* for.
                  (*That was 1987, it would go for about twice that now. Still a bargan.)
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

I agree a very cool yet scary feature, when I tried it, I got very good and accurate results even down to the park and the railroad tracks sheesh!
                    So here's the screen shot, hey call me paranoid
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, what prices - my parents paid ~300000 (sic!) EUR for a house slightly smaller (but with a 60 m² basement), granted you can get houses cheaper than that in Germany, even in Berlin, where they live. But it's very nice there, pretty rural for beind in a city actually, and near the Havel river, but still it's in a town house area where all houses look more or less the same and the gardens are small.

I would love your prices for well-built stone houses in Berlin

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                        I agree a very cool yet scary feature, when I tried it, I got very good and accurate results even down to the park and the railroad tracks sheesh!
                        So here's the screen shot, hey call me paranoid
                        ... knowing roughly where you live, I am sure I can track you down anyways ..
                        edit: Found ya .. man, you live within 15 minutes from my house
                        Last edited by Tjalfe; 5 April 2005, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                          I would love your prices for well-built stone houses in Berlin

AZ
                          So would I!
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

I found ya too Elie. Apparently you live about 7 mins from my brother.
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This was your house.
                              Attached Files
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X