Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIS2005 users - experience needed if you can please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIS2005 users - experience needed if you can please.

So I have this animal on a XP machine.

Runs fine and I cannot really complain for the average office tasks this machine performs.

I am using OE on it, and have over the last few weeks been able to catch just about all spam and confine it to the "blocked list" by using the right-click option and identifying the mail as spam - IE - the sender's address gets added to the blocked list (about 150 or so) and the mail get moved to the spam folder - all fine and dandy.

Now I discover that the spam twits are starting to use different addresses from the same domain, and the anti-spam component allows one to either spec a email address or a domain in the blocked list ............... problem is by using the right click "this is spam" feature, only the address of that particular mail gets added to the blocked list and there is no option to just as easily block a domain ISO and address ................

It implies you have to manually go and add each of the domains you want blocked, or (I thought) you can use the current blocked list entry edit function and change the properties of each entry - problem is you cannot change the entry once it been defined as an email address type to a domain type - you have to go and enter the friggin domain name in a new entry - not only that you cannot simply copy and past to the new entry either, you have to physically type the domain name for each entry you want to add .

@#$%^@$%@#!!!!!!@#$%@#$ and so on................

So :

Is there somewhere a file that hides these blocked senders ids that I can export in a flat text file for example ? (not been able to find it though)
    Lawrence

NIS is teh sukc. But you knew that already right?

IIRC, it DOES log stuff, but not in plaintext or anything usable. I could be wrong though.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X