BOINC B0rked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOINC B0rked?

After a reboot last Friday, I've lost Climate Prediction from the Task list in BOINC Manager, and when I try "Attach to a new project" for BOINC, I get a whole lot of nothing.

Is BOINC Borked?
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

I once had the same issue... Closing down and restarting the client solved it for me though...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Still b0rked for me.
      Closed, restarted, rebooted, reinstalled, I still get nothing when attaching to a new project and no error messages to offer an explination.

Looks like my BOINC output is going to be my home PC only, when it's switched on.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
        After a reboot last Friday, I've lost Climate Prediction from the Task list in BOINC Manager, and when I try "Attach to a new project" for BOINC, I get a whole lot of nothing.

Is BOINC Borked?
        Which version of BOINC do you have. Do you or do you not get the window asking for a URL and Account key? If you do, what happens when you enter the values and press OK. Can you go to the transfers tab right after you press OK and see if any transferts are scheduled? Anything in the Messages Tab?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Running 4.25. I get asked for URL and Account Key, I enter that, nothing happens. Nothing in the Message Tab, no Transfers, no nothing.

Comment

OK. Donnow. One suggestion though. Uninstall 4.25, re-install 4.19. I donnow why, but I've had nothing but wierd behaviour with 4.25, the least of whihc is its very slow communication with the client. I just don't lik eit and never have had any probs with 4.19.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Got it running again with 4.30.
              BTSOOM why 4.25 stopped working tho.

Comment

Working...
              X