Graphic problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic problem...

I'm currently experiencing some strange behavior from my Parhelia: if I move windows, scroll down and then up, etc. the display gets screwed - lines left over and such. Any idea what might be causing it?
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Overheating?
    Is the fan still running and the heatsink clean?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Overheating was the culprit indeed, but the fan was running fine...for whatever reason the core was getting very hot. Took it to the shop today and had the problem confirmed...got a P750 to use while the probably very lengthy RMA process goes through its steps. From what I gather, except for gaming, the P750 is better? i.e. no banding, fixed FAA & such? I play mostly RTSs whenever i game at all nowadays, so it would be nice if scrolling would have no problems. Damn though, this is my 2nd borked Parhelia

Comment

Hi dude, RMA the Parhelia to Matrox and hopefully they wont have any old cores left and you will get a nice new Parhelia 8X with fixed FAA, no banding and higher clockspeed, the Parhelia 8x is twice as fast the p750, and the P750 although probably has fixed FAA and banding, it just not as fast as the P8X....

hope this helps.....

Comment

That would be too much to hope for...ah well, it will be time to upgrade to a DX9 core (hopefully from Matrox) soon so that Longorn will run with all ze eye candy

Comment

Working...
          X