Dimage A2 and dieing EVF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimage A2 and dieing EVF

Dunno if this is a known bug with the camera or not. Perhaps someone will know if it's known problem.

After about an hour of use the EVF will saturate and it looks like you're shooting through fog. The lighting conditions are good and the light is coming from behind me so I'm not shooting into a bright source. If I turn the camera off for five minutes the problem goes away but after ten minutes it returns. Despite this handicap using the histogram I still managed to take some decent shots but it's very irratating. The EVF also shimmers when it doing this.

The EVF has always been the weak point of the camera which is strange considering Minolta make a song and dance about how it is.

Have I bought another Turkey???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The A2's EVF is considered among the very best in the industry. There are specific minolta Dimage 7/A-series forums, I'd ask there. I only have a Dimage 7i, and its EVF is considered one of the worst in the industry

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
      The A2's EVF is considered among the very best in the industry. There are specific minolta Dimage 7/A-series forums, I'd ask there. I only have a Dimage 7i, and its EVF is considered one of the worst in the industry
      Actually, not at the time when it came out in the Dimage7: then it was also considered one of the best available (it got such good credits that I - stubborn anti-low resolution EVF - actually decided to check it out).

The Pit: In what temperature conditions are you using it? If it is in hot conditions, it could well be caused by heat issues. Though normal UK climate shouldn't be hot enough to cause such issues.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You need to stop breathing so heavy when taking pictures of sunbathers

seriously, it might be an issue with trapped moisture?
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

If it is mosture they need to redesign the damn thing. I'm living in Sheffield not the Bahamma's and theres no sun bathers on Stanage edge. Pity really.

Can't be mosture anyway as when it decided to preview I could see properly. The preview thing is another oddity sometimes it just won't do it. Theres also burn in on the EVF as well. Also the camera hasn't been anywhere damp as I wouldn't risk a £500+ camera in such conditions. Moisture doesn't explain the shimmering either.

The problem started a couple of weeks ago and only occurs after an hour or more usage.

If the EVF on the A2 is considered the best in the industry god help the others. I've never been impressed with it. Compaired to my basic Fuji the EVF is poor. Perhaps I've got a lemon you know I'm good at it.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Check the battery.

Comment

Batteries happy enougth although my temp cure will put more strain on it.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Gone for repair so it will interesting what Minolta say.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Got the camera back Friday. It just looks like Minolta reset the camera back to the defaults so basically they haven't looked at it.

Can't remember how to turn off that stupid multi point focus. Time for the manual.

Can't understand why the camera has such a pointless thing. You've got two yahts in front of you. For some reason the camera doesn't pick any of these up prefering to pick out some invisable bottle top floating on a wave twenty feet to one side. You click the shutter button again so it selects another point and that must be another bottle top forty feet on the other side. You set it again and by this time something else has comes into view and it picks that up striaght away. Useless gimmick.

I presume the fault is still there but since I didn't have time to re-charge the battery fully I had to keep turning the camera off between shots. I'll know next week.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

press the middle button of that four-way button to change focus mode.

AZ

Comment

Thats the only thing I didn't do. Went through all the menus instead.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Is the problem "shooting through fog" solved?

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Well theres no way the battery was charged up enougth to run for an hour. I basically turned it on and off between shots so the problem wouldn't occur anyway.
                          If it's nice next weekend it should occur again.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by az
                            press the middle button of that four-way button to change focus mode.

AZ

That did it now I can point adjust and click again on the object concerned. The idea of having multiple focus points is nice if they actually picked something useful up.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

btw, you can move the focus point now with the four-way rocker.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X