iPAQ h6340???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPAQ h6340???

I've always wanted a phone that was a cross between a PDA and a phone. Of course, as they don't really exist, I have been using a SonyEricsson P900.

I don't really like the phone, but its ability to synch with Outlook has been very, very useful. The time has come again to change phones and I have stumbled on this little known iPAQ. Does anyone have any views on it? There arn't many reviews out there, and I can't find a network provider who will sell me one - except Vodaphone, but they don't count. But hey! Formalities!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Back when I was doing a fair bit of PDA development I used to read brighthand.com for reviews and industry news. Not sure if they have a review of that pda but it's likely that they do.

Check them out.

As I recall, their forum community was very active and you could get a good sense of what the problems were with any particular model by reading the relevant forum. Even if they don't have a review of that model, their forums will probably tell you all you need to know.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Check out the T-Mobile MDA compact if it is available in the UK. It's a branded version (branding removeable) of the HTC magician PDA/Phone (windows phone edition), syncs with outlook etc.

There are rumors of a new version coming out this summer which natively supports WLAN (which you currently can only get with a WiFi SD card).

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I can't comment on the IPAQ, but I own a Treo 650 and love it. Also, check out this thread:

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The model you mentioned is actually quite popular, but much more widely known as the 6315...here's a review:

I would personally recommend against it...it's got a lot of bugs (there's been ruckus recently with T-Mobile USA even pulling it off the market to give it a ROM update) and the form factor with that ridiculous clip-on keyboard is pretty lame...the MDA mini/XDA mini/iJam is a very nice combo, and the size is fantastic. Since your P900 also didn't have WiFi, I doubt you'll miss it much. The Treo650 is very sweet as well, the only drawback from my point of view is the square screen, which is not very appropriate for pictures. There's also so much medical software for Palm, so you might find the Treo more useful...and really, you can't beat that thumbboard for text entry, it's awesome.
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Yeah, The imate Jam looks like a nice compromise, but it is fugly...
            It's just a shame that I cant get it on my preferred network operator (Orange)
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Have you seen it in person? IMHO it looks nicely understating, clear lines, not unlike an iPod.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

This one looks promising. I'm not sure when it's due to be released though...
                Last edited by agallag; 4 April 2005, 06:45.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

More info...

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I think I am gonna abandon the whole idea and buy a nokia 6230 +/- i
                    I'll just get a nice laptop instead

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                      I think I am gonna abandon the whole idea and buy a nokia 6230 +/- i
                      I'll just get a nice laptop instead
                      The Symbian series 60 phones are interesting featurewise (Nokia has various models: 6600, 6260, 3230, 6630, 6670, 6680, ...; Siemens has the SX1; Panasonic the 700; ...).

Synching with Outlook goes perfectly, depending on the model they also have radio, mp3 playback, ... And a lot of applications...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                      X