939 AGP mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 939 AGP mobo?

My buddy has an AGP video card that he wants to keep, but he wants a new CPU/mobo.

All of the Nforce4 are PCI-X/non AGP, correct?

If this is the case, what should we be looking for? Nforce 3?

EDIT: Nevermind, it IS a PCI-Express *smacks forehead*

Actually, gigabyte makes an AGP NF4 mobo. I put together a system for a friend and used that mobo. Let me dig up the thread....here it is:

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...ight=Helevitia

And the mobo is the GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

That's an NF3. Good enough though.

Comment

I have been researching this too and from what I have found the MSI K8Neo2 is the best for overclocking.
        Dell Inspiron 8200
        Pentium4m 1.6
        640mb pc2100
        64mb gf440go
        15" uxga ultrasharp
        40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

hmm.. got this nforce4 board from BioStar that has a AGP-like slot for backwards compatibility, the taiwan site has tested the board with 6600gt and 6800.. 9800xt etc.. the list is on the product page
          but i am not familiar with BioStar Products
          the links

by the way the board has the usual nforce4 (non-ultra) stuff like pci-e 16x and pci-e 1x
          Last edited by Belwarrior; 8 April 2005, 00:04.
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

got another one... this one based on VIA- chipset

Founded in 1987, ECS, the Elitegroup Computer Systems, is a top-notch manufacturer and supplier of several families of computer products in the industry. With almost 30 years of experience, ECS not only produces high-quality products such as motherboards, desktops PC, notebook , Mini PC and semi & fully ruggedized tablets , Gateways ,IoV platform & AI solutions, but also provides customized computer programming and hardware/ software design service for a wide variety of customers.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
            X