Opera 8 Beta & WinXP SP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 8 Beta & WinXP SP2

So I've decided that Opera 8 Beta really dislikes the "10 incomplete connections" limitation in WinXP SP2.

Just thought I'd share.

'Course there are a lot of eccentric bugs in this beta. Like for example sometimes clicking "bookmark this page" doesn't do a damn thing, but Ctrl-T (the keyboard shortcut) always works. Very odd.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

You mean that when there are many tabs open, transfer from www completely freezes?
    The same can be said about Opera under win2k...highly annoying, makes the browser almost unusuable for me...

Comment

but, but, i thought it was the best browser on the planet????
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Well, normally I use Firefox, but on a dual p2 266 + 128mb ram it's kinda...hard (not because of lack of cpu power - because of how I'm using www and therefore: swapping)

Oh, and apart the "freezing connection" issue: I've heard before that Opera starts to get slow when several tabs are opened, but what I experienced is ridiculous - it takes several seconds for Opera to react to clicking on another tab :/ (no swapping involved), furthermore, without ANY warranty it will work the first time; and when scrolling pages cursor "deattaches" from scrollbar

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
          You mean that when there are many tabs open, transfer from www completely freezes?
          The same can be said about Opera under win2k...highly annoying, makes the browser almost unusuable for me...

Yeah, that - but it didn't do it under WinXP SP1. My primary machine hadn't gotten the SP2 treatment, and I know last week I never had this problem. Of course that was also Opera 8 beta2.

Where did you see discussion of this? In the Opera forums, or...?
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

If you really think this is a bug, please either post in the http://my.opera.com/ beta testing forum or file a bug report.

BTW, you can tune the number of max connections to one server and the max total connections, but you know that of course

There is also some kind of patch or something to make windows not cap connections at a ridiculously low amount.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              If you really think this is a bug, please either post in the http://my.opera.com/ beta testing forum or file a bug report.

BTW, you can tune the number of max connections to one server and the max total connections, but you know that of course

There is also some kind of patch or something to make windows not cap connections at a ridiculously low amount.

AZ
              You mean this patch

In addition to the tweaks already covered in Win 2k/XP Registry Tweaks and More Win 2k/XP Tweaks, the Windows XP Service Pack 2 introduces a few new issues...
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by az

AZ
                The problem is that ALL traffic stops...

Comment

Working...
                X