X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP 64bit with Parhelia..

As yo know new XP 64bit was released!!

Is it safe to upgrade yet??

Does XP 64bit support for 32bit softwares??

Parhelia drivers for XP normal can work with XP 64bit??

Anyone knows about this??

Anyone tried beta version of XP 64bit???
    Last edited by Jenix; 30 March 2005, 12:17.

Some people here have been using the 64 bit stuff.

No, the drivers will not work. No, you probably don't want to try it with a Matrox product.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmm...............

Thanks.

Comment

it has not been officially released yet. it can run almost all 32-bit apps, but no 16-bit apps.

and of course, Parhelia is not supported.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

NVIDIA has 64bit ForceWare released. I think ATI has some CCC betas too!

Comment

Microsoft Windows XP 64 Bit have been released to manufacturing today. Expect it to ship next month, and pirate copies to appear any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight
              Microsoft Windows XP 64 Bit have been released to manufacturing today. Expect it to ship next month, and pirate copies to appear any day now.

http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=2845&catid=1
              that information is inaccurate.

edit: or rather, if it is accurate they are the only people who are saying it. and I have yet to receive confirmation. the rumor has been floating around for a deadline of or around the 29th, so i wouldn't be suprised if they just pulled it out of their ass.

considering the rather glaring bugs in 1812, I am kinda suprised that they think that going RTM without another test release is a good idea.

edit #2: you seriously believe anything you read on winbeta? those guys are freaking losers.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

** Please do not reply as this message is being sent from an unmonitored account.**

?????????????????
                Beta ID: ????????

Dear ???????:

I am happy to announce that Windows Server 2003 SP1 has been shipped for English and German. Just a short time ago, at 5:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, the final call was made.

The update packages (self extracting EXE) is on http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com. They will also be available shortly on http://www.microsoft.com as well as through the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN).

Please note that while Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition were also were released to manufacturing today they will not be available through the WindowsBeta website. They will be available through various partners in late April.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this beta program for your help in testing Windows. It was a pleasure to work with you all and I hope to see you in future Windows projects.

We are conducting a very short survey to measure your feelings on how this beta program was conducted so that we can work in the future to improve your experience. Please take a few minutes to complete it.

<link removed>

Sam White
                Windows Development Team
                just got that in the email. take it as official confirmation.

Comment

There are G450 drivers for XP-64 bit, I think Parhelia drivers should be out also now that XP-64 is RTM.

Comment

Let's hope so. But even if Matrox get their drivers ready, I'm still missing a 64 bit driver for my RAID adapter. So Matrox is not the only company slow with 64 bit drivers. I think they are all underestimating how fast the change to 64 bit is going to be. The enthusiast crowd are gone be all around 64 bit computing in no time /me thinks.

Comment

Just got round to installing the beta last night. Drivers for 6600GT and nForce 4 mobo all worked fine. Unfortunately can't find anything for my USB wireless adapter though so have had to go back to trailing wires on that machine
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                      X