Boinc - Cpdn - Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boinc - Cpdn - Down?

Hi all, I have not been able to upload trikcles for about 36 hrs now and the creidt pages are offline as well I think. I having the am this only one?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Same problem here.
    hopefully nothing is lost.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I tried to download the client so I could start crunching again.

Comment

Ì would not expect anything to get lost, just to get us all reporting many trickles all at once once CPDN is online again....

Whadaya mean "could start"? START!

Wb dbdg
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I am down to 7 machines. One of the 2.0ghz ones is going to be used by someone from a lender working here so I have to avoid any potential problems or what the hell is this reactions. Something using 99% cpu is going to catch their attention.

Edit:

I may drop down to three because of the memory load. Some people have been talking about slowdowns and I can't take the chance that it is BOINC/CPDN though it is probably something else.

Edit2:
          Down to one. I've seen some serious performance hits when memory get topped out and some people are hitting their memory limits easilly when keeping Word, Outlook, I.E., etc . . .
          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 5 April 2005, 15:58.

Comment

Talking of slowdown I did notice that the last time I ran Boinc it slowed down CuteFPTPro, particulary the directory listing.

Only program the seemed to be effected.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
              Talking of slowdown I did notice that the last time I ran Boinc it slowed down CuteFPTPro, particulary the directory listing.
              Of course, when it runs CPU benchmarks (which it does every now and then), the system also slows down noticably...

Jörg
              (also unable to upload)
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Seems to be down for me too. Server admins probably being lazy over Easter
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                X