The Pink Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pink Panther

New film with Steve Martin as Clouseau. Brave guy.. I wouldn't attempt to follow in Peter Sellers footsteps here even if I were Buster Keaton.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Another one I won't be seeing and not becuase I'm to busy or anything.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It doesn't seem very good from the trailer.

Comment

Jean Reno could be good, but Steve Martin...good as he can be...just isn't right for this. Revenge OTPP was on yesterday so is fresh in my mind. That trailer was very pale by comparison I am afraid.
        FT.

Comment

I bet Rowan Atkinson would have done a wonderful job as Clouseau.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

He's too animated.. the magic of Clouseau was Seller's deadpan dignified fool persona.

Steve Martin never seems to be really serious in anything he does, even in straight parts. That's why he could not really pull this off.

John Cleese might be best for the role...

Comment

I agree that Steve Martin is too animated which is why I thought of Rowan. How much of Mr. Atkinson's work have you seen? He can be quite subtle with his humour at times. I think Rowan Atkinson would best John Cleese in this role (though I respect both of their work).
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Have to agree with KVH here. I could never think of anyone doing Sellers' part in TPP, but Cleese, well, who knows? May be.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Cleese would have the opposite of the problem that Pierce Brosnan had as 007.
                  He's is too big.
                  A Clouseau that looms over the people around him would not work.
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                    Another one I won't be seeing and not becuase I'm to busy or anything.
                    Agree...

Comment

Chuck "the Jolley" has a point as well, although LOTR has shown that size issues can be solved.

I mean, let's face it, Mr. Atkinson simply has not got the face. He can do _amazing_ things with his face, just not going "Cato!?!" with the right expression. Not sure about Cleese, but he _might_ just be able to do it.

Comment

Is 2005 the year of the remake or something
                        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                          Cleese would have the opposite of the problem that Pierce Brosnan had as 007.
                          He's is too big.
                          A Clouseau that looms over the people around him would not work.
                          Opposite of the problem? Pierce Brosnan, at 6'2", was too short to play Bond?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            Opposite of the problem? Pierce Brosnan, at 6'2", was too short to play Bond?!?!
                            Well I looked it up and you are right.

He is listed as 6'1" or 6'2" - just an inch or two shorter than Connery.
                            That amazes me.
                            I have always though he did a good job as Bond but just did not look imposing enough.
                            Have Bond Girls and Villans gotten taller over the years?
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, he is a skinny bugger. Looked up Roger Moore and Sean Connery.. Moore is 6'1 and Connery 6'2 1/2.

Bastards.

Comment

Working...
                              X