Video Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Gallery

As some of you may have noticed, there is now a murc gallery.
    The gallery not only accepts img files, but also most video clips as well.
    (I can add to the accepted extension list)

Right now, the upload limit is fairly restrictive (1 mb) I plan on increasing that shortly.

The question is, would you guys use it, from a DV perspective... maybe as a place to upload transitions you are having trouble with, or a sample of footage that you wish to improve, or vis a vie as a place where you can upload something you wish to show off.

And more importantly, from an admin perspective, how much space do you need? who needs access to the files - murcers only - or the world at large?

All comments/feedback welcome.

I am in the process of trying to breath some life into the forums, there will be a new downloads section open as soon as I have finished writing it.

Also looking at moving murc yet again - down time only a few hours - to a larger server, with greater bandwidth.

Let me know what you guys want, and I will see what I can do.

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

I try to avoid video/Internet combinations, being on DUN. 1 Mb is not very much, even at the lowest quality WMF. At typical good DVD quality, it would give you ~ 8 second or 3 second of DV However, those on broadband may like it.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi
      I think it is a good idea, as far as public or members I think members only, but how hard is it to implement the old "Photo Island" idea that if each member has a file on the server, you can send a password to a friend/non member, to enable them to see that file only?
      Good for a time limited viewing.
      Not knowing anything personally about this kind of question, I will have to leave it to others more knowledgable.

Regards.

Peter.

Comment

Members can create their own albums, and set up passwords - if all goes well, the software itself is RC3 with still a few quirks.

@Brian, I will up the size later, right now, I have restricted it to make sure the system doesn't implode with any bugs
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X