Stupid people in the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people in the market

so i have been coresponding with this person at a govt agency... she was looking for a company to creat 3 infomercials and a 1 documentary on an urbanisation project being conducted by some part of the EU and the lebanese govt...

never trust a lebanese when he/she is given a high position especialy when they are acting as a leison to an international body....

so i explain to her what she needs to do.. and i explain to her indetail what to look out for ... just as a profetional courtesy.. beacuse i used to work with the UNDP and i know that sometimes they dont realy know what to realy look for.. and especialy because she showed me samples of realy lowpriced offers that upon closer inspection reaked with unpleasentries...

a few days ago ... i get a call from some of the europeans who are incharge there... i just happen to know them on both a profetional and personal level... they wanted to consult with me on certain issues concerning her job.... aperantly she has been trying to give the job to her freinds and she has been covering up alot of the good offers she got.. including mine just to make her freinds offer stand out the most...

they where not pleased to find that out and they wanted to check with me what the real market prices where.... they where even more upset when they found out....

my sources tell me that after i left they brought her in and confronted her with the new data... and they asked her why she left out my bid.... her answer "he is not experianced enough" their reply "if he is so unexperianced then why do you think we constantly consult with him on these maters?"

upon first look... i havent been in the market that very long... however... my experiance started a long time ago.. back in 1992 when i worked with several NGOs and eventualy the UNDP... Urbanisation is something i know alot about from experiance....

as for my market experience.. sure its only recently that i have plunged my self into it.. but that dosent mean i was not working in it secretly behind the curtains... 1 award wining documentary ... my freind got it mostly because i piced it together.. and any one who knows me knows that it is so.. my name is on the credits as consultant and editor...

5 production houses have been using my services as a technical consultant on how to actualy execute a project that turned out to be harder than they expected for 6 years now...

whenever any my freinds in the mark hit a point where they dont know what to do.. creativly and or technicly.. they ask me....

when ever someone has a project that unexpectadly whent wrong and under normal circumcstanses would should go to the trash bin... they come to me ... and i end up fixing it in ways no one could think posible.... thats one of the reasons why i am so highly respected at universty that even the heads of the studio there ask for my opinion befor they do anything.... even the profesors that hate me send me the students who have hit a wall because what ever the problem is ... i can always find a way to make it look good and meaningfull.....

not to mention that 2 of the top TV stations in leb know who i am and what i can do... and have liesons with me.... and at least on of them on monthly basis use my services for one of the most popular national talck shows ... especialy when they have sensitive material that needs to be put together in the best posible way to make the most impact....

why do i not work at these TV stations? i dont like TV work.. and the pay is VERY low...

why did i not publicly get into to the market untill now... to avoid any conflict of intrest with my old job at uni.. and to prevent problems with my ex-wife....

so we have established that i do have the experiance

i wish i could teach that stupid bitch a well earned leson.... especialy since she abused my kindness to her....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

upon re-reading the above i realised that it may sound like i am braging.. i dont usualy like to brag but in this situation i am realy not lying...

you see .. for years people i know and i dont know have been begging me to get into the market.. i always refused because i know that the system is based on favortisem and i did not like it... people get jobs based on who they know rather than what they know... totaly iregardless of compitance.. and belive you me... most of the higherups are incompitent idiots who cant tell the differance between a DVCAM and an HDCAM
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Sounds like the U.S..
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

yeh .. probably does... but i have seen the diffreance in the way that forigners work incomparison to lebanese... belive you me.. there is no way the two are similar.. sure the forigners have thier quirks.. but the lebanese people... its like they are bread to be backstabers... the better they are at it the more they have prestige... thats how things work here... good people are pitied and looked down upon...

Comment

Sounds like Croatia...

Comment

And Poland too...

Comment

And Cyprus, but we are only a stone's throw away from you! The surest way of getting a government job or commission here is being a cousin or 'coumbari' (best man) of the person in charge or, better, of his superior.

There are no Queensberry rules in business here. If anyone (especially a foreigner) is believed to "have done the dirty" over a competitor, he is quite likely to find his premises burnt down the following day.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
              X