Say a little prayer for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say a little prayer for me

Well, an old boss of mine started his own business. He wants to hire me. I already consider myself overpaid on my part-time job (32 hrs, lots of time with the family ) so I put down demands that, had they been put to me, I would deem ridiculous. But he, he think sI'm good and would be a good contributor to his business, and I can't disagree there.

So here's hoping he gives in to at least most of my wishes. Y'all keep yer fingers crossed for me now, ya hear?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

keeping fingers and toes crosed for you .... hope you get it
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Good luck Umf... whatever happens I'm sure it'll work out just fine.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I hope so. Not that I need to move on really. But I am terribly inexperienced at this type of thing, having been with my current employer for close to 16 years now..... He, the last time I really applied for a job I was 19 years of age..geeesh.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

leave on good terms so you have an option to return if it dont work out....

besides 16 years steady employment looks good on a resume

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Thx for the advice Dil. Indeed, there's no bad blood at all and I for one will not change that. I'll be expensive for the new boss, but then, even if I could return if things do not work out, say cause the start-up fails, I'd be hard pressed to get the same package. This position will simply cease to exist. So it is a gamble, but man, could it be interesting!

Comment

hay.. life is not intresting if you dont take calculated chances.... right? GL
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Good Luck Umf.
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Fingers crossed.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Good luck dude!

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Good luck!

Sometimes leaps of faith and gambles can turn out to be far better than expected.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

kick-ass!
                          good luck dude!

Comment

Crossing my eyes for ya.

Good luck!

Comment

You bet... fingers and toes crossed here as well.
                              Good luck
                              Last edited by RhinoZ; 23 March 2005, 16:16. Reason: Can't type and eat pizza at the same time...

Comment

Working...
                              X