Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set shared video memory on i810?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you set shared video memory on i810?

I've got an ASUS CUW-RM to handle and by default it only sets 1MB of memory for video use...how do I up that? I see no such setting in the BIOS, do I have to do it in the Intel Windows drivers?
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

this is set by bios, Advanced tab, submeny chip configuration, "Graphics Windows size"

For More info check page 62-63 (part 4.4.1)
    Last edited by Technoid; 23 March 2005, 12:27. Reason: Spelling, what else? :p
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Thanks I was confused since it only listed 1MB of shared memory on the POST screen, I guess that is a minimum size and it just eats up as much as it needs up to 32 or 64MB from the RAM, right?

Comment

Erm, that's weird. It will use whatever is set in the BIOS. It's possible that at BOOT time it's only using 1MB for CGA/Text mode.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

in my experience, once it is set, it wont change dynamically...
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Well, the supported display modes definitely indicate that more than 1MB is actually being used...Gurm's idea might be correct. Well, either way, it performs better than the 4MB Millennium I had stuck in there

Comment

Working...
            X