Millennium P650 LP PCIe 128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium P650 LP PCIe 128

Montreal, Canada, March 22nd, 2005 — Matrox Graphics Inc., the leading manufacturer of professional graphics solutions, today announced the new Millennium P650 LP PCIe 128 graphics card, complementing Matrox's existing product line to fully address the graphics needs of the 2D multi-display markets including financial, insurance, legal and general corporate use. Ideal for those who want a graphics solution based on the latest architecture, this product highlights Matrox's commitment to provide cutting-edge products for those who choose to transition to the PCI Express platform.
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/corp/news/...p_pcie_128.cfm
    Last edited by Kruzin; 22 March 2005, 17:24. Reason: news

Why both a normal and a LP P650PCIe?

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
      Why both a normal and a LP P650PCIe?
      Because some ppl have standard ATX cases, and some ppl have low profile cases...?
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh, I thought the 'LP' stood for Low Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          Because some ppl have standard ATX cases, and some ppl have low profile cases...?
          Yeah, but LP fits also in normal cases if they would supply ATX bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
            Yeah, but LP fits also in normal cases if they would supply ATX bracket.
            Yep, they delivered this ATX bracket with earlier "Matrox Millennium P650 Low-Profile PCI" cards.

Comment

Wouldn't it be cheaper for Matrox If they'd design just one card - LP? Or are LPs so much more expensive in production?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                Wouldn't it be cheaper for Matrox If they'd design just one card - LP? Or are LPs so much more expensive in production?
                I think Low-Profile cards are more expensive, because they need to deliver this special splitter cable for dualhead in addition to two DVI->VGA adapters. Of course, this additional ATX bracket will also cost couple of bucks.

Comment

I realise they're more expensive; the question was different: considering how low volume Matrox sales novadeys, what is really cheaper? (taking into account not only price of cards, but also R&D)

PS. Blah, not worth discussing anyway, I wondered about it for something like...a minute

Comment

Working...
                  X